and Environmental Awareness Club
Welcome to the Recycling page for River Edge Schools!
We created this page in the spring of 2018 and are happy to share information about recycling efforts both here in our schools and in the River Edge Community. We hope to continue to develop our partnership with the River Edge Environmental Commission. To that end, you will find both types of information shared on this site.
Two years ago, the 6th grade Capstone CREATE class voted on RECycle for their slogan and group name, as the RE represents the town of River Edge. We think it's a great name with the right focus.
Check out the school specific pages to see what's happening at your school or browse the Environmental Commission page for information and announcements from them.
We won a $1,000 BCUA Grant for each school for 2019-2020!
Once again, we applied for the Environmental Awareness Grant sponsored by the Bergen County Utilities Authority and are thrilled to have been awarded $1000 each for Cherry Hill and Roosevelt Schools. The money will go towards a hydroponics garden in the STEAM Lab and a composting machine to help us kick off our vegetative waste composting next year!
Past grants have been used to purchase:
- Large metal, domed outdoor recycling can for the athletic fields
- Zero waste boxes from Terracycle to help collect waste streams that otherwise would go into regular trash (pens/pencils/markers, 3D printing waste, art supplies, glue sticks, batteries)
- Additional classroom, hallway and gym/MP room blue recycling cans on dollies to help collect both our regular recycling and the Terracycle items
- A bottle filler water fountain at Roosevelt
- REcycle club bracelets at Cherry Hill for a Fundraiser
- Art materials for the student created bottle cap artwork hanging in the front entrance or Roosevelt. (Frame generously donated by the Almberg Family!)