AP Human Geography
This is a UNIVERSITY level course. See the college board link below.
AP Human Geography Supply list *Note cards are very important!
Looking for how you can prepare for AP Human Geography over the summer?
1. Familiarize yourself with where countries are located. It is important to have a good mental map of the world. Use The CIA World Factbook maps.
3. Build background knowledge about history that could reasonably be expected of a college freshman. Watch 10-12 minute videos on YouTube. While watching focus on causes & effects and advantages & disadvantages. Take notes in your own handwriting. Background Knowledge Playlist
4. Click on the +Google Calendar button to the left and ADD the APHG calendar to your Google Calendar.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to
• Interpret maps and analyze geospatial data;
• Understand and explain the implications of associations and networks among phenomena in places;
• Recognize and interpret the relationships among patterns and processes at different scales of analysis;
• Define regions and evaluate the regionalization process; and
• Characterize and analyze changing interconnections among places.