New Student Registration

Welcome to Valley Regional High School!

If you are a new student entering VRHS from a different school system, please contact Danielle Etes, Counseling Administrative Assistant, at 860-526-5328 x2557, or by email at to begin the registration process for the upcoming 2022-23 school year. We will ask for a small amount of preliminary information so we can start the process of enrolling your child(ren) while you are completing the registration process. (Please note, during the summer months you will need to reach out to Alison King at x2552 for registration).

*Note that we can not enroll you at Valley Regional unless/until you have withdrawn from your previous school.*

Your child is not considered registered until all documentation has been completed and submitted to the Office. Documents should be returned to the Counseling Office in any of the following manners:

  • Attach documents by email. Documents must be scanned and saved as PDF files; photographs of documents will not be accepted.

  • Fax: (860) 526-8123

  • Postal mail: Valley Regional High School

Attn: Counseling Office

256 Kelsey Hill Rd.

Deep River, CT 06417

  • In-person at Valley Regional High School

We look forward to having your family join us!

Valley Regional High School

256 Kelsey Hill Rd.

Deep River, CT 06417

School Year Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:00-3:30

Summer Hours : Monday-Friday: 8:00-3:00

Phone: 860-526-5328

Fax: 860-526-8123

Please see below for documentation/forms you will need to supply for registration.

Registration Form Health Assessment Acceptable Use Policy & Chromebook form

Release of Records (So that we can obtain academic records from your current school)

Medication Auth

*For more information about health assessment requirements, please visit our Health Office site.

Proof of Residence

In order to verify district residence, the child over 18, parents or guardians, or an emancipated minor must sign above and provide documents from any of the items listed below.

  • 1. Copy of one of the following at address within the district in the parent's or guardian's name:

a. Deed to home or dated rental agreement showing student(s) name

b. Escrow papers or signed mortgage commitment

c. Current utility or telephone bills

d. Notarized letter from landlord or owner acknowledging parent/guardian's and student's residence

  • 2. Certificate of Residence and affidavits to be filled out by person with whom family and student reside. Verification visit by Residency Confirmation staff may follow; child may attend school.

  • 3. Verification visit by Residency Confirmation staff (for situations not covered by 1 and 2); child may not attend school until complete

Birth Certificate copy for each student you are registering. If you are missing yours, certificates can be obtained several different ways:

For a birth occurring on or after January 1, 2003:

You may request a certified copy of the birth certificate from any town vital records office or the State Vital Records Office.

For a birth occurring prior to January 1, 2003:

You may request a certified copy of the birth certificate ONLY from the following:

  • The town vital records office of the town where the birth occurred or

  • The town of the mother's residence at the time of birth, or

  • The State Vital Records Office.