Renfrew County Elementary Interscholastic Athletic Association
Welcome to our new website! Here you will find important information and news about upcoming RCEIAA events and tournaments.
The Renfrew County Elementary Interscholastic Athletic Association (RCEIAA) is situated within the same borders as the Upper Ottawa Valley High School Athletic Association (UOVHSAA). Renfrew County has a total of 48 elementary schools in 4 school boards.
The County has been split into two divisions - the East and the West. The East Division is made up of schools from Arnprior, Renfrew, Cobden, Eganville, Douglas and surrounding areas and the West Division is made up of schools from Pembroke, Petawawa, Deep River and surrounding areas. In most of the major sports the East and West will have their own tournaments. In both Grade 8 Girls and Grade 8 Boys sports usually the top 3 teams from each division will meet in a Tournament of Champions to crown a County Champion.
- To serve the educational objectives of the first transition years (grades seven and eight)
- To complement regular physical and health education program objectives
- To promote excellence, fair play, and active participation for students through interschool athletic experience
- To promote friendly relationships between member schools
- To promote gender equity awareness and practices
- To recognize and promote school sports in any sport as a integral part of fitness and education
"Sports don't build character, they reveal it." -John Wooden