PTHS Maritime Manufacturing
PTHS Maritime Manufacturing Class
5th Period PTHS
Teacher: Kelley Watson
Learn fine woodworking techniques and create several beautfiul hand-hewn personal projects.
Students will learn:
- Shop safety.
- Basic Hand Tool Use.
- Basic Power Tool Use.
- Fine Woodworking and Joinery Techniques.
- Basic Furniture Design.
- Varnishing and Painting Skills.
- Beautiful three legged stool (made from a log that we start with on the 2nd day of school!).
- End table or small coffee table.
- Personal choice project (examples: tool boxes, book shelves, trays...).
- Varnish work aboard Schooner Adventuress.
- And lots of practice joinery projects!