Port Townsend Maritime Academy
Port Townsend School District, West Sound Technical Skills Center, and the Northwest Maritime Center
and Port Townsend High School Maritime Career and Technical Education Programs
Set Your Course for a Maritime Career
Knowledge -- Skills -- Experience
The mission of the Port Townsend Maritime Academy is to train and inspire Washington State's Future Maritime Workforce through innovative, rigorous, and hands-on educational opportunities.
The PTMA serves high school and middle school youth from around the Olympic Peninsula and is a Port Townsend School District Program run in conjunction with West Sound Technical Skills Center, the Northwest Maritime Center, Schooner Adventuress (Sound Experience) and Schooner Martha Foundation.
The Port Townsend Maritime Academy:
- Open to all area Juniors and Seniors (PT, Chimacum, Quilcene, Poulsbo, and beyond!).
- West Sound Tech Skills Center Satellite Program held at NW Maritime Center
- Meets School Year from 8:30 - 11 am daily.
- Earn 3 Credits: English Language Arts, CTE, and PE.
- Earn Coast Guard Credentials, Sail, Boat, work on Job Sites Weekly.
- More information at: West Sound Tech Maritime
Port Townsend High School Maritime Career and Technical Education Classes (open to all PTHS Students):
- Maritime Studies: Vessel Operations/Boatbuilding - 6th period at Port Townsend High School
- Maritime Manufacturing (Woodworking) - 4th Period at Port Townsend High School
West Sound Tech - Port Townsend Schools - Summer School Programs.
- Maritime 101: Adventures at Sea Summer Vessel Operations Class.
- Open to all incoming freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors for the school districts within WST consortium.
- Registration Opens on April 15th at West Sound Tech Website: https://www.bremertonschools.org/wstsc
Maritime Internships and Apprenticeships for High School Students.
- Summer Internship aboard Schooner Adventuress
- Summer Internship aboard Schooner Martha
- Summer Internship at NW Maritime Center
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this awesome video of our summer school program aboard the Adventuress! "Adventures at Sea"
This could be you!
Watch as Schooner School students enter a life raft as part of their Vessel Safety "Drill Conductor Course".
Practice makes proficient.
Watch a real Coast Guard Rescue where these same skills had to be put to the test (not by our students!).
Students in the PT Maritime Academy will earn their USCG Fishing Vessel Safety Drill Conductor Courses. Every commercial fishing vessel by law must have at least one person certified with this... and now you can see why!