Port Townsend Maritime Academy
An initiative of the Port Townsend School District and the Maritime Discovery Schools
Set Your Course for a Maritime Career
Knowledge -- Skills -- Experience
The mission of the Port Townsend Maritime Academy is to train and inspire Washington State's Future Maritime Workforce through innovative, rigorous, and hands-on educational opportunities.
The PTMA serves high school and middle school youth from around the Olympic Peninsula and is a Port Townsend School District Program run in conjunction with West Sound Technical Skills Center and the Northwest Maritime Center.
Port Townsend High School Maritime Career and Technical Education Classes (open to PTHS Students):
- Vessel Operations
- Maritime Robotics
- Maritime Manufacturing
West Sound Tech - Port Townsend Schools - Northwest Maritime Center
- Maritime 101: Adventures at Sea Summer Vessel Operations Class. Open to all school districts within WST consortium.
- Maritime 202: "SOS: Safety on Ships" Course. Basic Safety Training (Alaska Marine Safety Education Association Drill Conductor Safety Course). US Coast Guard Certification. First Aid & CPR Certification. 3 day/2 Night Voyage aboard Schooner Martha and Yawl Pacifica.
Northwest Maritime Center/Port Townsend School District CTE Classes (open to neighboring school districts).
- Schooner School (After School Exploratory Vessel Operations): Alaska Marine Safety Education Association Drill Conductor Safety Course with US Coast Guard Certification. First Aid & CPR Certification. Sailing and Racing aboard Schooner Martha and Yawl Pacifica.
Coming Soon Classes:
- Summer Program: Summer Basic Safety Training for Mariners Class (a preparatory Maritime CTE class).
- Maritime Internships and Apprenticeships for High School Students.