Calling all talented Sea Turtles! It's that time of year again! Do you have some awesome dance moves? Are you the next American Idol? Do you play an instrument? Do you have another talent that you want to show off? We want to see you perform for this year's Virtual Talent Show!
Start practicing and get your acts ready for our annual SES Talent Show on Friday, May 28th, 2021. Like last year this will be broadcast virtually on our SES YouTube page via a private link. We cannot, however, control how people use/post this link publicly. If you are uncomfortable with your student's video possibly being viewed by the public, then it is probably best to refrain from signing up for the Virtual Talent Show, unfortunately.
1. SIGN UP BY FRIDAY, MAY 14th, 2021: Use this form to officially sign up your student and fill out all the questions. This form is for both acts and 5th grade MCs (Masters of Ceremony) to participate. Signups are due by Friday, May 14, 2021 and video submissions must be submitted by Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
2. PRACTICE: Have your student start practicing their act and getting it ready for submission. Please be sure to keep the act less than 2 minutes in length.
3. FILM YOUR ACT: Record your student's act and then upload it to the SES Virtual Talent Show shared folder (to be provided later) by Wednesday May 26, 2021.
**NOTE: Please film the video in landscape (horizontally), not vertically. This will make sure that all videos are uniform and the videos are easier to view on YouTube.
4. GET READY: We will work on reviewing and putting together our virtual talent show equipped with 5th grade MCs and have it ready to go for our official virtual launch on Friday May 28, 2021 at 5pm.
5. WATCH PARTY: Be ready to have a watch party with your family while safe at home on Friday May 28th at 5pm! The YouTube link will be sent via email to parents in a future communication to view SES’s Virtual Talent Show.
We cannot wait to see all the fantastic talent that SES has to show!
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to signup? When do I need to submit my video?
Important dates are as follows:
Friday May 14, 2021: Sign ups due
Wednesday May 26, 2021: Talent show act video submissions due
Wednesday May 26, 2021: 5th grade MC video submissions due
Friday May 28, 2021: Viewing link sent to SES families
Friday May 28, 2021 at 5pm: 2021 SES Virtual Talent Show broadcast!
What type of acts can be submitted?
Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, performing a skit, doing magic, shooting tricks shots, reciting math facts while jumping rope on one foot...If you have a talent that you want to share, we want to see it! Submissions will be reviewed and approved at each stage of show preparation.
What are the requirements for the acts?
All videos must meet the following requirements:
School appropriate content and costume/attire
Maximum of 2 minutes in length
Filmed in landscape (horizontal)
I have more questions! Who can I contact?
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please send an email communication to Tony Watts and Erin Watts at email@example.com.
(FAQs will be added as they are identified)