A change agent who brings pragmatic leadership to bridge business and technology, Jocelyn knows how to apply the appropriate level of process and structure to enable the successful implementation of strategic objectives. She brings a proven history of program completion ranging from web-based product solutions to organizational design. Jocelyn's strength lies in her ability to tie day-to-day activities back to overall strategic goals; coalesce people towards incremental goals; and ultimately identify and resolve disconnects across complex organizations and ecosystems.
Senior Consultant, Point of Care Partners (Sept 16 - Present)
Provide high quality, subject matter driven strategy and technology advisement to leading Pharmacy Benefit Management organizations, industry associations, EHR and health IT software vendors around ePrescribing, Prior Authorization and related topics. Contribute to moving the industry forward as a task group leader for NCPDP, the standards organization for pharmacy industry and active participant at HL7 in areas of pharmacy, supplemental data and FHIR.
Director, Product Development, NaviNet, Inc., Boston, MA (Oct 10 – Sept 16)
Joined NaviNet and entered health care IT at the start of a period of rapid transformation. Worked throughout NaviNet product development to support and accelerate transition efforts both as staff and as cross functional leader.
Interoperability & Standards (May 15-Oct 16)
- At the request of CEO, created a role that provides a consistent voice and presence for NaviNet across industry, policy and standards organizations.
- Work to identify strategic and thought leadership opportunities for NaviNet. Improve the quality and depth of relationships with BCBSA, AHIP, HL7, WEDI, ASC X12 and related organizations.
- Monitor and research policy and regulatory activities that impact NaviNet applications and customer base. Advise functional areas throughout NaviNet on roadmap impacting changes from Product Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Product Management, Professional Services, Engineering, and Security.
- Develop and hold educational sessions, write blog posts and create marketing collateral for internal and external consumption on market impacting trends and activities.
- Act as Product Development organization representative on NaviNet's internal compliance committee.
Product Operations (Aug 13-May 15)
- Drove agenda and facilitated biweekly NaviNet senior management operating committee.
- Worked with executive team and product development leadership team through a myriad of strategic programs including: identity and access management vendor selection, build out of DR site, pivots to change advisory process for product projects.
- Led organizational design work to fully shift 250+ person product development organization to product focused structure away from a custom development focus, established and supported nascent frameworks to improve cross-team communication at all levels of the organization, developed initial conceptual product development lifecycle.
- Developed and managed successful award of an over $ 800M R&D grant from Invest Northern Ireland, developed quarterly board decks and created relevant investor presentation materials.
- Led emerging management team through initial project prioritization efforts. Created inventories, categorized projects into programs, and led management team through rank ordering exercises.
Product Management (Oct 10-Aug 13)
- Focus was on third party integration, platform and authorization workflows.
- Working with CEO and engineering leadership, triaged NaviNet’s largest effort to date to move to product based applications. Separated platform work from product activities, identified flaws in initial cut-over approach and worked to develop an incremental cut-over approach both software tooling and conceptual plan for all customers.
- Designed, deployed a pilot then “go live” for smart SSO integration with CoverMyMeds providing an all payer solution to allow providers to submit Drug Authorizations directly to PBMs initially via fax. Represents a $1M line of business for NaviNet today.
- Represented NaviNet at NCPDP, drove NaviNet’s participation in ePA pilot with Surescripts, CoverMyMeds and CVS Caremark.
- Led design, build and shut down of potential pilots within Diabetes Care Management and Durable Medical Equipment markets.
Project and Product Management Consultant, Hanover, MA (May 06-March 10)
- Led business development for a newly establish family gym, Mama’s Move.
- Identified and developed relationships with lead generators,
- Enabled founder to expand management capacity.
- Established social media presence using Twitter, Facebook, bloggers, and new mom-focused online networks. Maintain role as investor.
- Brought in by newly hired CEO to create a product management function for mBlast, Inc.
- Drove founder of SaaS product through eight quarter planning process to categorize over 25,000 discrete tasks into a market focused product pipeline.
- Worked with key clients (80% of revenue) to redesign end user workflows. Implemented UI redesign using rapid prototyping avoiding over $75K in design spend.
- Redefined product lifecycle stages, creating organizational ownership, workflow for all stages, and relieving pressure on critical staff.
- Solicited for project management engagements by founders of small business intelligence software consultancy.
- Led deployment of SAP Business Objects for an at risk project to build out databases, logic layer, reports, and supporting infrastructure, allowing a Venture Capital firm to migrate off an Excel dependent workflow. Identified gaps in product requirements.
- Forced prioritization exercises.
- Developed model to forecast cost over-runs for $250K project. Escalated project risks to project sponsor and firm owners. Recommended staff changes and deliverables time-box to mitigate schedule risks.
- Acted as senior staff on multiple engagements for Implementation Factory, a small business process consultancy owned by former colleagues.
- Reduced defect delivery for accounting SaaS, improved client satisfaction with end product delivery to contain cost overruns for $300K service budget for off-shore consultancy.
- Worked with executive team at client to develop product specifications using wireframes and iterative development. Managed all aspects of client relationship, i.e., project schedule, task lists, bug tracking.
- Drove client executive and technology leads to prioritize features and functionality into first ever product roadmap focused on year-end tax season by categorizing discrete product work into stages.
Director, Program Management, Thomson Financial (Jan 99- May 05)
Director, Product Portfolio Management, Product Technology – Boston, MA (Oct 03 – May 05)
- Implemented first organization-wide product inventory and calendar. Consolidated and analyzed all existing (over 1500) initiatives.
- Established ongoing Excel and PowerPoint dashboards to evaluate new projects, manage risks and flush-out resource drains. Escalated project risks and mitigation to senior management.
- Aligned project pipeline against division’s eight quarter strategic plans, while working with senior staff to remove redundancy and disconnects
- Tied-out actual resources to ongoing projects, enabling identification and removal of over 100 nonstrategic consulting resources
- Designed and developed launch plan for new SDLC. Team identified a plan to use existing and new tools to progress organization through the Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
Director, Program Management, Product Technology- Boston, MA (Aug 01 – Sep 03)
- Evangelized TF’s move to Service Oriented Architecture across six divisions through working sessions with QA, technology, and product, ultimately establishing maturity of over 1200 potential web services.
- Triaged largest company-wide project (initial $5M investment) to develop shared product framework. Overhauled project plan, identified missing tasks, located missing/under-committed resources, and recommended next project manager.
- Created best practice teams for web services, user-interface, project management, XML, knowledge management, QA, software development lifecycle by identifying thought-leaders and garnering management support. Leaders migrated into new unified teams.
- Deployed on-site and remote learning opportunities across 8 geo-centers with industry experts to lecture and train staff on the W3C standards, Intellectual Property, Object Oriented Design, and other emerging market and technology trends.
- Selected to lead senior level SWAT team that acted as escalation points during final move to single organization.
- Appointed to represent company at Thomson corporate level for standards committee and internal technology conference
- Created and managed product and technology communication calendar. Identified and led information sessions with over 10 geocenters from US, Bangalore, Asia Pacific, and European locations.
Director, Business Development, Internet Tools – Rockville, MD (Mar 00 – Aug 01)
- Extended search engine technology using CSS and APIs to both remove and avoid duplication of technology and content across business lines. Implementations required research, designs, specification, and launch of derivative products for many under-served pockets of the product portfolio.
- Drove internal standards for concordance, content providers and naming conventions.
- Negotiated with content vendors to remove $40K due to duplicate contracts and feeds.
Director, Product Management, Consumer Product Group- Rockville, MD (Jan 99 – Feb 00)
- Led product design, content collection, and integration of custom search engine into a suite of consumer facing web modules
- Negotiated and supported third party content providers.
Staff, Wall Street On Demand- Boulder, CO (Dec 97-Dec 98)
- Invited to join key vendor to help extend their third-party engagements.
- Designed and implemented research reports with unprecedented level of content and data integration, i.e., First Call, Market Data for use by premier Schwab and Fidelity clients.
- Deployed the first after-market research site for Goldman Sachs. Designed, specified, and then acting as Goldman staff launched product at Special Libraries Association’s annual conference in June ‘98.
Product Management roles, First Call, a Thomson Financial Company- Boston, MA (Sept 93-Nov 97)
- Built-out first team of product managers at First Call to lead the expansion of earnings modules that established First Call Quant as market leader on over 30 market data platforms surpassing $1M monthly revenue, then $20M annualized.
- Productized nascent electronic raw data delivery methods using fixed format files, leveraging existing APIs to build custom applications, or extending existing client-server products.
- Expanded partnership and client-base beyond asset management market with niche products for investment banking, individual investors, financial advisors, portfolio managers, and corporate functions.
- Launched Thomson Corporation’s first web offering on AOL and one of TF’s first web portals.
Education & Skills
Bachelor of Arts, Smith College 1992
Camden Consulting Group- Organizational Leadership Program (2014), Society for Information Management (SIM) Leadership Development Roundtable member (2004 & 2005), Thomson Leadership in Technology graduate, Thomson Financial CTO nominated (2003), Society of Information Management Regional Leadership Forum – Thomson Corporate CTO nominated (2002)
Coursework: Experience Dynamics “User Centered Design”, Vantage Partners “Negotiating for Results”, Vengel Lash “Influence Edge”, SMS “Negotiation & Tactics”
Technology grounding: Solid understanding SDLC,SOA, SaaS technologies, web hosting models, internet and healthcare standards (HL7, X12, NCPDP), patent application for business process: “Thomlets”
Personal: Mom of two boys, wife, sister to large, loud sprawling family, organizer of people and activities, avid reader, enthusiastic entertainer, reluctant runner