SDPC Tech It Home
Tech It Home Overview
This year all students 4th - 12th will be issued a device. Students will do their work and access many of their textbooks through the devices this year. In order for your child to receive their device, the following must be done.
- Recommended: Parents read the Tech It Home Handbook and view the Tech it Home Parent Guide (Elementary, Middle, High)
- Recommended: Students read the Tech it Home Handbook and Tech it Home Student Guide (Tablet or Chromebook)
- Required: Parent and student sign the Tech It Home User Agreement Plan, agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined in the Handbooks, turn in the agreement to the school. The agreement can be printed here or picked up from the school. Parents of middle school students getting a hotspot must sign this Hotspot User Agreement Plan.
- Required: Parents of middle school students must sign the Online Apps Permission Form to give students authorization to create accounts with district-issued email.
- Required: Pay the yearly $15 fee.
KEEPING OUR STUDENTS SAFE ONLINE
Securly is our web monitoring company. We encourage you to sign up for an account to monitor your student's online history while at home on a school issued device. Look for more information to come about how to sign up for an account.
Vision for Instructional Technology in the School District of Pickens County
Students will use engaging technologies in collaborative, inquiry-based learning environments with teachers who are willing and able to use technology’s power to assist them in transforming knowledge and skills into products, solutions, and new information.