The Chromebook is an important learning tool and is to be used for educational purposes only. In order to take the Chromebook home each day, you must be willing to accept the following responsibilities:
- When using the Chromebook at home, at school, and anywhere else I may take it, I will follow the policies of Patrick County Public Schools, particularly the Chromebook Student Handbook and the Acceptable Use Policy, and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
- I will treat the Chromebook with care by not dropping it, getting it wet, leaving it in an automobile, leaving it outdoors, unsecured, or in a place where it may become damaged or stolen.
- I will not lend the Chromebook to anyone, not even my friends or family members.
- I will not remove division-owned programs or files from the Chromebook.
- I will charge my Chromebook nightly so that it has a full charge at the start of school every day.
- I understand that if leave my Chromebook at home or do not charge it, I am still responsible for getting course work done as if I had my Chromebook present and charged.
- I will bring the Chromebook to school every day. If I leave my Chromebook at home for multiple consecutive days, I may be called upon to bring the device in to verify possession and condition of the Chromebook.
- I agree that email (or any electronic communication) should be used only for appropriate, legitimate and responsible communication.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure and will not share them with anyone.
- I will not attempt to repair the Chromebook. If it is not working properly, I will notify IT support staff, teachers, or administrators. A Chromebook needing repair should be brought to library.
- I will bring the Chromebook to IT support staff if it needs repair. If it does need repair, the student’s record will be checked, a loaner may be checked out if the student is eligible and a device is available. If it is determined that needed repair is due to intentional damage or neglect, the student will subsequently be informed.
Your son/daughter has been issued a Chromebook to improve his/her education this year. It is essential that the following guidelines are followed to ensure the safe, efficient and ethical operation of this computer.
- I will supervise my child’s use of the Chromebook at home.
- I will discuss our family’s values and expectations regarding the use of the Internet at home.
- I will supervise my child’s use of the Internet and email.
- I will not attempt to repair the Chromebook, nor will I attempt to clean it with anything other than a dry cloth.
- I will report to the school any problems with the Chromebook and will not delete any division software.
- I will make sure my child recharges the Chromebook nightly.
- I will make sure my child brings the Chromebook to school every day.
- I understand that if my child comes to school without the Chromebook, I may be called to bring it to school.
- I agree to make sure that the Chromebook is returned to school when requested or upon my child’s withdrawal from the Patrick County Public Schools.