Rev. Arnold Jurchen -- Pastor Jurchen serves as vacancy pastor at Our Redeemer. He is retired after 40 years in the pastoral ministry, and he also taught elementary school in Minneapolis. While in Nebraska he spent 18 years as adjunct professor in theology at Concordia University.
- Favorite Bible verse: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes.” Romans 1:16 KJV
- A few of my favorite things: I enjoy spending time with my family, working on my acreage, and taking care of my vineyard.
Mr. Harlan Anson -- Mr. Anson is the Principal at Our Redeemer. He started teaching at Our Redeemer in 2006. He also teaches grades 5-8. Mr. Anson has a Bachelor of Arts degree and also a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education from Concordia University in Seward, Neb. He has also received his Master’s degree in Elementary Administration from Concordia University.
- Favorite Bible verses: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” -- Romans 8:28
God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. -- Psalm 46:1
- I love Our Redeemer because: I love being able to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the students on a daily basis. And I love reaching out to members of our community with the love of Jesus. There is truly no greater blessing.
- A few of my favorite things: I love spending time with my family, grilling, camping, and golfing. I am a big Husker fan and of course a Denver Broncos fan. GO BRONCOS!
Mrs. Sarah Luebbe -- Mrs. Luebbe teaches preschool and also kindergarten at Our Redeemer. She started teaching at Our Redeemer in 2015. Mrs Luebbe has a Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of Nebraska-Kearney and has also re-certified her teaching certificate through Concordia University-Nebraska.
- Favorite Bible verses: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. -- 3 John 1:4
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. -- Matthew 5:8
- I love Our Redeemer because: I love Our Redeemer because we are like a big family sharing God's love.
- A few of my favorite things: I love spending time with my family and friends, working on my picture albums, attending my children's different activities, being outside, and teaching.
Mrs. Janelle Potratz -- Mrs. Potratz teaches kindergarten and first grade at Our Redeemer. She started teaching at Our Redeemer in 2005. Mrs. Potratz has a Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Concordia University in Seward, NE. Before teaching at Our Redeemer she taught in Verdigre, NE and Las Vegas, NV.
- Favorite Bible verses: “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -- Romans 8:38-39
“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” -- Psalm 18:2
- I love Our Redeemer because: I love Our Redeemer because we can openly talk about and share the love of Jesus every day in all we do! I also love the family atmosphere at Our Redeemer. I see that when I watch older students helping out younger students --even if they aren’t siblings. I see it in so many other ways, too. I appreciate the support that parents and other family members give to our school. We could not do it without them!
- A few of my favorite things: I love spending time with my husband, Kevin, and our family. I also enjoy walking and reading.
Mrs. Keely Vought -- Mrs. Vought teaches 2nd - 4th grade at Our Redeemer. She started teaching at Our Redeemer in 2017. Mrs. Vought has a Bachelors of Arts degree in Elementary Education and also a Bachelor of Arts degree in Special Education.
- Favorite Bible verse: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. -- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- I love Our Redeemer because: I love Our Redeemer because I get the chance to share the love of God with the students I teach everyday and I also have the awesome opportunity to see how God is using each of them to shine his light.
- A few of my favorite things: I love spending time with family and friends, hunting, hiking, camping, taking pictures, and reading. I also love watching the Milwaukee Brewers and Packers play.
Mrs. Tamra Jurchen -- Mrs. Jurchen helps with music and chapel at Our Redeemer. She retired last year after 30 years of teaching, 16 of them at Our Redeemer. She also taught in Minnesota, Illinois, Alaska, British Columbia, Canada, and Friend, Nebraska.
- Favorite Bible verse: “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
- I love Our Redeemer because: Our Redeemer School is a warm and welcoming place where children and their families are loved and nourished with God’s Word. The staff of Our Redeemer works well together, and strives to do their best for the children in their care. Music is a central component to school life, and students are regularly given the opportunity to share “hymns, songs, and spiritual songs” with the congregation and community.
- A few of my favorite things: I have always loved teaching, and will continue to do this in a variety of ways in my retirement. I love my family, and especially love spending time with my 13 grandchildren.