Mrs. Padilla's 2nd Grade
Hello !!! My name is Mrs. Padilla. I graduated with my Bachelors Degree from Illinois State University in 1994. I earned my Masters Degree from ISU in 2000. This will be my 24th year teaching at Oak Grove. I live in Peoria with my family. We have 3 dogs (1 golden doodle and 2 grey hounds). I am a avid fan of Wonder Woman and all things super hero. Don't tell anyone, but I may actually be Wonder Woman. I lead a very active lifestyle. I love to exercise, play with my kids, spend time with my family, practice my ukulele, play chess and read. I also keep busy with my kids activities such as soccer, cross country, basketball, piano, voice, theater and ukulele. Some of my favorite things are . . . The Chicago Cubs, Chicago Fire Soccer, the Chicago Bears, Diet Mt. Dew, Chocolate, Coffee, and anything sweet (because I am Danish).
Here are a few important things I want to communicate with you.
- I consider your child my child when we are at school. I will love them, and protect them just like I would my own children.
- My room is a safe place for students to learn, grow and make mistakes. My class is a family.
- I am here for you. I am a firm believer in communication. I want to make sure you are in the know, and understand the things going on in the classroom.
- Your child will benefit greatly from review and practice at home.
- WE are a team, and together we will provide a challenging and fun year for your child.
My kids Zoe and Gabe
My Family kayaking in South Carolina