The project aspires to enhance understanding of mathematical and science concepts through activities around coding and robotics.
What are the goals?
- Increased educator knowledge of how coding and computational thinking can connect to the secondary grade 9 mathematics and science curriculum.
- Increased student engagement in mathematics through the use of coding to enhance curriculum.
- Sharing of learning with educators at the school, board and provincial level.
- Engagement of parents and guardians through learning about coding with their child.
This is a Teacher Learning and Leadership Program (TLLP) funded by the Ministry.
There are three overall goals of this program:
- Create and support opportunities for teacher professional learning.
- Foster teacher leadership.
- Facilitate the sharing of exemplary practices with others for the broader benefit of Ontario students.