Welcome to AEG
University of Houston
The University of Houston student chapter of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG) is a student organization dedicated to education and advancements in environmental and engineering geology, geophysics, and hydrogeology. The activities of the chapter range from seminar series to field trips and outreach. AEG membership is free for students and is open to anyone who is interested. AEG contributes to its members’ professional success and the public welfare by providing leadership, advocacy, and opportunities to be involved in applied research.
- President: Kennetch Castro
- Vice President: Darling Martinez
- Treasurer: Adeline Davis
- Secretary: Catalina Guerra
- Social Coordinator: Sandra Berger
- Graduate Representative: TBA
- Webmaster: TBA
- Outreach Officer- Gabriella Jakubowski
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Regina Capuano
2018-2019 Event List:
- Feb 21 2019: First General Meeting
- Come join us to learn more about officer positions, environmental field camp, and P.G Licensing. Snacks and drinks will be provided. We will be in SR1 room 116. We hope to see you there!!
- October 5-7 2018: Texas HydroGeo Workshop
- The workshop will take place at Cavern Without a Name in Boerne, TX. The workshop will include various activities that will give the students and professionals a real work field setting and a hands on experience. There is a fee of $50 and that includes the camping fee. If interested, please go to: http://caves.org/grotto/bexargrotto/HydroGeo/
- Apex Environmental Consultant Company
- Please join the AEG this Thursday October 11 at 6:00 pm in the SR1 building Room 130 to present Mr. Frederick Moses, Senior Business Development Manager with APEX. Apex is an award-winning Engineering and Environmental consulting firm located in Houston, Texas with many other offices located throughout the nation. They provide services for water, land, facilities, air, and offer transaction and litigation support. For those interested in pursuing a career in the Environmental field please join us to learn more about the industry and bring a copy of your resume. Invitation is open to everyone and pizza will be served. See you all there!
- Exploration Green Wetlands
- Please join the AEG this Thursday October 18 at 6:00 PM in SEC building Room 205 to present Mr. Brian Schrock, who is working on the Exploration Green Wetlands project here in town. Brian is a Senior GIS Tech for the city of Houston and is passionate about ecology. His talk will focus on the local ecology and geomorphology changes in the Houston area over the year since European settlement. For those interested in conservation and remediation, please join us! Invitation is open to everyone. Refreshment and snacks will be provided.
FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/AEGUniversityofHouston
AEG officers and Members at the Texas HydogeoWorkshop!
Locate us! University of Houston