Meads Mill Middle School
PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Intervention Support. It is a program designed to teach respect, responsibility, and safety at school. At Meads Mill we want students to take P.R.I.D.E. in their school community and encourage students to continuously make good behavioral choices.
PBIS provides teachers and other school staff with strategies to help prevent behavior problems and help make the school a safe learning environment.
PBIS is a research-based program which can result in:
- Increased time for instruction
- An increase in positive behaviors school-wide
- A decrease in disruptive behaviors
How PBIS Works
- All students and staff are taught the school-wide expectations
- Students will receive frequent reviews of the expectations and be recognized when they demonstrate them.
- The foundation of PBIS is the positive support students receive from adults and prevents problem behavior from occurring.
- PBIS schools provide a consistent, predictable, and fair use of consequences for all students.