The North Rockland High School English Department currently offers four advanced placements courses.
10th Grade: AP Seminar
11th Grade: AP Literature and Composition
12th Grade: AP Language and Composition
12th Grade: AP Research
Note: AP Research course has a prerequisite of AP Seminar.
2019-2020 AP Applications
If you have a question about the AP application process, email Mr. Armida at firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy Of Law And Society
New for the 2019-2020: North Rockland High School’s Academy of Law and Society is an academic community of like minded students in grades 11 and 12 who wish to broaden their knowledge in the liberal arts and investigate various career paths in areas such as: criminal justice, law, education, politics, psychology, philosophy, and other fields in the study of the humanities.
Applicants must have successfully completed a minimum of two years of high school and have taken the appropriate Regents or Honors level English and Social Studies for two years.
Applicants must have a minimum average (grade weighted) of:
- 85% overall average
- 90% in honors/AP English and Social Studies courses or
- 93% in regents English and Social Studies courses
Requirements for Admission
- Enrolled in English 11 Advanced Placement Literature and Composition or English 11 Honors.
- Enrolled in U.S. History 11 Honors, RCC American History, or AP US history.
- Enroll in additional online courses given through Rockland Community College.
Extracurricular Requirements and Obligations of the Program
- Member of the Debate/Ethics Team, Mock Trial Team, Future Educators club, NR Police Academy, NR Youth Court, or complete an approved internship totalling 45 hours.
- Member in ELA and Social Social Studies Honor Societies.