Other Information from the Nurse's Office...
- Please remember, students are NOT ALLOWED to bring any medication to school, prescription or over-the-counter. This includes creams and ointments. Also, all medication brought to school MUST be in a new, unopened package. If it is a prescription, it must have the child's name on it.
- See the section/link titled, "Allergies" above to see information about nut and nut-products in the classroom for the 2019-20 school year.
- Cough drops are not allowed in school, even with a parent note.
- Students do go outside for recess daily, unless it is 20 degrees or less (including wind chill). Please be sure that your child is dressed appropriately (coats, hat, gloves/mittens, socks) and wearing appropriate shoes/boots.
- Please remember to be mindful of your child's footwear. If sandals, flip flops, or sneakers break students will need to call home for a new pair of shoes, they cannot be repaired in school. Make sure they are sturdy and safe before wearing.
- Please send in all necessary medication forms. If your child requires medication in school there is a form to be completed and signed by you and the doctor/nurse practitioner. The medication must be brought in by an adult in a new, unopened package with the child's name on it. Students CAN NOT bring any medication to school in their backpack.
- When calling in an absence for your child, please call the main office at (203) 484-1455. You must speak directly with one of the secretaries or you will receive a reminder message to do so.
What's Going on Now:
- Please consider sending in a tube of lip balm, Chap Stick, etc. if your child has chapped lips.