Tech. Ed. 9
In Grade 8, our focus is on Production Technology. In this module we explore:
- What is production technology?
- Evolution of production technologies and its effect on our lives
- Tool and Production Lab Safety
- Using SketchUp (CAD) to design a project
- Build a project using the tools and materials in the production lab.
In addition all assignments are handed out, handed in, graded, and returned in Google Classroom. Students can access Google Classroom by going to https://classroom.google.com and logging in using their NLESD Google Account. If a parents would like to request access to our Google classroom they can do so by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you give me your childs name and what homeroom they are in. Note: I can only give parents access through the email address they have registered with the school.
Below is the official Course Descriptors from NLESD with the grading scheme. Note: Times may be adjusted to reflect the actual amount of time given to the course within a school and not the suggested times given by the Department of Education.