Parent Reference Library
Creating a nurturing environment for the children, staff and families requires collaborative effort. The best learning occurs in partnership between student, staff, and families. To support the social, cognitive, emotional and physical development please find below some materials that we hope would supplement the educational philosophies of our center.
The books listed below is a partial collection of titles available to borrow through our NIST CCC Library. Please visit the Admin office to sign out one of the titles.
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen
- Building Self-Esteem in Children by Patricia H. Berne & Louis M. Savary
- The Working Parents Help Book by Susan Crites Price and Tom Price
- Loving Your Children Better by Mary Ann Little and Kevin W. Karlson
- The Joyful Child by Peggy Jenkins
- The Healthy Baby Meal Planner by Annabel Karmel
- Going Places with Children in Washington D.C.
- I Love You Rituals by Beck A. Bailey
- Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn
- Child Care / Parent Care by Anne M. Seiden
- Open A World of Possible: Real Stories About the Joy and Power of Reading