The newsletter contains announcements, meeting changes, events, news and information around the district, short articles on sobriety and recovery, and even some humor.
Any AA member is invited to submit material to the newsletter. If you are having difficulty finding something to write about, here are some suggestions and ideas. These are only a few, be creative and have fun.
- Tell us about your group. How long has the meeting / group been there?
- Share your experience, strength and hope.
- What was the easiest step for you? The hardest? Why?
- Tell us about meetings you've attended in other states and/or other countries. How were they the same? How were they different?
- What is your favorite slogan or saying in AA, and why do you like it?
- What has been your experience with your sponsor?
- What does the program mean to you?
- What do you like about service work?
How long should my article be?
District 13 Newsletter may publish work of different lengths, from one-liners you heard at a meeting, one-paragraph stories to a full page article, typically an 300 word (max).
How do I submit an article for publication? A simple email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with an attachment.