A VISION OF TEACHING AND LEARNING
As we review a strong vision of teaching and learning for Newtown Public Schools, we must reflect on the strengths that make our school community a special place for students, staff, and families. According to our District Strategic Plan, "...each individual is unique and has value." Our purpose is to establish a collaborative culture of care that embodies trust. It trusts the expertise of the school community - teachers, administrators, and families - to support the unique needs of ALL students, keep them safe, review relevant information to make strategic decisions, and let nothing get in the way of the work to be accomplished.
A strong administrative team, staff, and parent community can make this vision a reality. Partnerships with families, parent groups, and staff are necessary for supporting positive change.
Newtown Public school Strategic plan
The mission of the Newtown Public Schools, a partnership of students, families, educators and community, is to INSPIRE EACH STUDENT TO EXCEL in attaining and applying the knowledge, skills and attributes that lead to personal success while becoming a contributing member of a dynamic global community.
We accomplish this by creating an unparalleled learning environment characterized by · High expectations · Quality instruction · Continuous improvement · Civic responsibility
We believe that. . .
- Each individual is unique and has value.
- Everyone can and will learn well.
- It takes effort and persistence to achieve one’s full potential.
- High expectations inspire higher levels of performance.
- Honesty, integrity, respect, and open communication build trust.
- Quality education expands the opportunities for individuals and is vital to the success of the entire community.
- Educating children is a shared responsibility of the entire community.
- Family is a critical influence in each individual’s development.
- Understanding all forms of diversity is essential for sustaining a democratic society.
- All individuals are responsible for their behavior and choices.
- Educated and involved citizens are essential for sustaining a democratic society.
- Everyone has the responsibility to contribute to the greater good of the community.
- Continuous improvement requires the courage to change.
Visit the Strategic Plan