A programmer named Carmine Guida created a great, free Unity Asset and website that will host your high scores. Thank you!
- Download Asset - In your project, download this free asset from the asset store: "dreamlo.com - Free Instant Leaderboards and Promocode System"
- Create Leaderboard on DreamLo.com - Go to dreamlo.com and create your own leaderboard for free. You will need two codes from this leaderboard you create, so don't close the window or lose these.
- Prefab - Drag the DreamLo prefab into your game, remove the "... Promocode..." script from it. Copy and paste your private and public codes from the website into the prefab.
- AddScores - At any time, call on the prefab's script and use "AddScore(string name, int score)" ... or a an overloaded method with different parameters
- Manage Scores - You can go to your dreamlo.com leaderboard at any time to remove any score (e.g. offensive names, or your test case scores)
- Getting Scores - When calling on either AddScore() or GetScores(), the dreamlo script gets the entire current leaderboard (stored as a single long string). Call on the prefab's script and use "ToListHighToLow()" to get a sorted list of all the high scores.
- Donate to Use on Itch.io WebGL - You need to donate $5 to dreamlo.com to convert to HTTPS / SSL to use this at all on a WebGL build on Itch.io
- HTTPS / SSL - If you want to run your game on itch.io or need HTTPS for some other reason, you need to donate a minimum of $5 to the dreamlo.com site to upgrade your leaderboard from HTTP to HTTPS. Otherwise the HTTPS itch.io can't send out HTTP requests.
- GetScores() - For some reason, the GetScores() method is not set to public. By default, the scores are only downloaded after you call on AddScore(). I went into the script and changed GetScores() to be a public method, so that i could call it from my own leaderboard script (as shown below).
1. What is the website of my Leaderboard? I accidentally closed the window without bookmarking it!