We believe that there is a place for everyone in the Muskego High School Bands. Whether band is just a thing that you enjoy or band is THE THING that you enjoy, we want all of our students to find a home in our program and reap the benefits of a positive educational environment. We live in a world that continues to add more and more electronic devices that isolate us. The Muskego Music Department is a place where we discover and promote human connection. A place where every student has value and every student matters. Our focus is not on winning trophies, but rather to do the best we can at everything we do in a balanced, musically rewarding manner.
Our program includes 4 concert bands, 3 jazz ensembles, pep band, pit orchestra and the 300 member Warrior Marching Band.
The Muskego High School Wind Ensemble has performed at the Wisconsin Music Educators Association State Convention on three separate occasions. (2000, 2009, 2014).
The Warrior Marching Band has performed in a number of nationally recognized parades including the 2014 Endymion Parade in New Orleans and the 2018 Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade.
In 2001, MHS established a Commission / Artist in Residence Program that has produced 11 new works:
- New Horizons (2001) - Joseph T. Spaniola
- Blue Norther (2003) - Rob Smith
- Memories of Home (2005) - Rick Kirby
- Memories Through Time (2007) - Jonathan Roberts
- Percussive Spirit (2009) - Taras Nahirniak
- Stardance (2011) - Michael Sweeney
- La Cocina Caliente, Little Sunflower, I Like Your Style (2013) - Giovanni Washington-Wright
- Chain Reaction (2015) - Matthew Buchman
- Passing Moments (2017) - Rick Kirby
Muskego ensembles have been honored to perform for many community events and company functions and have been privileged to work with prominent guest conductors and clinicians. Recent guests of the MHS band program include John Climer, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Robert Levy, Lawrence University, Buzz Hoefer, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and Bob Baca, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.