Precalculus Honors at MHS is designed to further your studies of higher-level mathematics in order to give you the necessary background for Calculus. This course uses functions, where appropriate, to strengthen and enhance conceptual understanding and mathematical reasoning used when modeling and solving mathematical and real-world problems. This course takes a deep dive into the Precalculus curriculum requiring you to think constantly, critically, and with depth. Students will be required to use the concepts and skills learned in previous math courses, and will deepen their understanding and fluency with algebra and trigonometry.
What you need for class:
- 3-ring binder (suggested) – sections for (a) notes (b) homework (c) assessments
- We will have some lessons that use technology so when requested make sure to "bring your own device"
- Pencils and paper!
- Graphing calculator required (TI-83 or higher recommended)
- All homework, classwork and notes can be found on your GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- The online book site has many resources that you can use to help you outside of class!
- To log in to the online book use the username and password you received at the start of the year - reach out to Mrs. Shed if you need help!