Students are allowed to take their devices home, however they will be subject to monitoring by the Milan Special School District Information Technology department regardless of where the device connects to the internet.
Please be aware that this device is for school research and coursework only. It should not be used for personal shopping, searches, or creation of materials.
The following are suggestions to promote safe use of your device in your home.
- Monitor your child’s home use of the Internet with the device. There is a parental access feature that will allow parents to monitor the child’s online history at all times. It also has the ability to turn it off during certain hours of the day.
- Provide a place in an open area of your home, such as the kitchen or family room, where the device can be used.
- Use the Internet with your child to help develop safe internet habits. One suggested resource is NetSmartz at http://www.netsmartz.org/internetsafety.
- Frequently ask to see your child’s device and ask how it is being used.
- Review with your child the programs installed on the device and ask them what each program does.
- Do not hesitate to contact Milan High School if you have any questions or concerns about the device.
Several sites are available to assist parents in educating their students about internet safety.