College & Career Center
WE ARE NORTHWOOD!
The College & Career Center offers information for post-secondary planning including:
And Much More
- MCPS' College and Career Center Page - Get information about MCPS events, financial aid, testing, college planning, career planning, and more!
- Naviance Student - Naviance Student (formerly Family Connection) is a web-based, mobile friendly tool that addresses four key areas of college and career readiness: Self-Discovery, Career Exploration, Academic Planning, and College Planning. Click to find your home school's login and to learn more!
- Student Service Learning (SSL) Page - Get information, see deadlines, and find volunteer opportunities.
- Early College/Dual Enrollment - Dual Enrollment opportunities allow MCPS college ready high school students to take college courses during the academic school year. High school students who enroll and take a college course at any Maryland public college or university are able to do so at a reduced cost.
- Career & Post-secondary Partnerships - Learn more about MCPS partnerships with businesses and higher education institutions.
- Maryland College Application Campaign (MCAC) - Maryland State Department of Education site with great info and resources for all high school students. Campaign provides support to high school seniors, particularly first-generation students, students from low-income circumstances, unaccompanied homeless youth, foster care youth, students with disabilities, students enrolled in the Juvenile Services Education System, and homeschool students to pursue post-secondary opportunities.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) "College 411:Student Guide to Higher Education & Financial Aid In MD
- Choosing the Right Fit (When Searching For Colleges)
- Choosing a Major
- The Common Application | Common App Tips | Common App PowerPoint
- The Coalition Application | Coalition App PowerPoint
- Common Black College Application - apply to 53 HBCUs with one application for only $35
- Maryland Colleges and Universities
- Maryland's Academic Common Market : Receive in-state tuition for unique majors at out of state colleges
- Colleges: SAT/ACT Optional