Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
All students considering any post-secondary education should access this website and fill out the FAFSA application. Completing the FAFSA is necessary to qualify for any school's financial aid packages, which include: grants, loans, work study programs and scholarships. No matter what financial situation your family is in, it is highly recommended to fill out this application. It can save you thousands of dollars!
Creating an FSA ID
Prior to filling out the FAFSA, each student will need to get an FSA ID. Students can get this ID by:
1. Going to https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
2. Click on the box on the left that reads "Start Here".
3. Click on "I am the student".
4. On the following webpage, you will read "Don't have an FSA ID?"
5. Next to it, click on "Create one".
6. You will then be directed to click on the link that reads "Create an FSA ID".
College Goal Wisconsin
College Goal Wisconsin is a free event held at various locations around Wisconsin where families and students get expert assistance with the FAFSA. Financial Aid advisors will sit down one on one with families to help them completely fill out their FAFSA form before they leave.