Student Technology Showcase at the Capitol
The Student Technology Showcase (STS) is on Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
The showcase is a day-long event (each team will be there for two hours) held in the Michigan State Capitol Building to allow lawmakers, business leaders and other citizens to see first-hand how technology is used in classrooms across Michigan.
K-12 student teams representing their schools from around the state will demonstrate best practices of how technology can enhance teaching and learning for the success of Michigan students.
Each team should consist of up to four students and one mentor. The teams will be in one of three sessions during the day. The sessions are an hour and a half in duration.
Each team will receive t-shirts for up to four students, a parking pass, and a showcase certificate. We will provide snacks at the showcase.
The event is sponsored by AT&T Foundation and the Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL).
DOWNTOWN LANSING MAP
The event is at the Michigan Capitol Building at 100 N Capitol Ave, Lansing, MI 48933. It's in the rotunda on the second floor.
You may park in the parking structure at 219 N. Grand Ave. (The corner of Ottawa and N. Grand.) You can download a Lansing Capitol Complex map (pdf) with details. (The unloading area is shown with an arrow.)
Bus Parking is at the corner of Butler and Kalamazoo near the Michigan Historical Museum.
- 8:00-9:15 a.m. -- Session I schools arrive and set up.
- 9:15 a.m. -- Opening Ceremony
- 9:30-11:00 a.m. -- Session I with student displays.
- 11:00 a.m. -- Session I closes, teams pack up and leave.
- 11:00 a.m. -- Session II schools arrive and set up.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. -- Session II with student displays.
- 1:00 p.m. -- Session II closes, teams pack up and leave.
- 1:00 p.m. -- Session III schools arrive and set up.
- 1:30-2:45 p.m. -- Session III with student displays.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-882-1403.