Student Technology Showcase at the Capitol
The Student Technology Showcase (STS) is on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
The showcase is a day-long event (each team will be there for 2 hours) held in the Michigan State Capitol Building to allow lawmakers, business leaders and other citizens to see first-hand how technology is used in classroom across Michigan.
K-12 student teams representing their schools from around the state will demonstrate best practices of how technology can enhance teaching and learning for te success of Michigan students,
Each team should consist of up to 4 students and 1 mentor. The teams will be in one of three sessions during the day. The sessions are an hour and a half in duration.
Each team will receive t-shirts for up to 4 students, a parking pass, and a showcase certificate. We will provide snacks at the showcase.
The event is sponsored by AT&T Foundation and the Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL).
DOWNTOWN LANSING MAP
The event is at the Michigan Capitol Building at 100 N Capitol, Ave, Lansing, MI 48933. It's in the rotunda of the second floor.
- 8:00-9:15 a.m. -- Session I schools arrive and set up.
- 9:15 a.m. -- Opening Ceremony
- 9:30-11:00 a.m. -- Session I with student displays.
- 11:00 a.m. -- Session I closes, teams pack up and leave.
- 11:00 a.m. -- Session II schools arrive and set up.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. -- Session II with student displays.
- 1:00 p.m. -- Session II closes, teams pack up and leave.
- 1:00 p.m. -- Session III schools arrive and set up.
- 1:30-2:45 p.m. -- Session III with student displays.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-882-1403.
You may park in the parking structure at 219 N. Grand Ave. (The corner of Ottawa and N. Grand.) You can download a Lansing Capitol Complex map (pdf) with details. (The unloading area is shown with an arrow.)
Bus Parking is at the corner of Butler and Kalamazoo near the Michigan Historical Museum.