Forward Learning Initiative
Through the Forward Learning Initiative, every student in grades 3-11 carries with them and uses a personal device both throughout the school day and at home. Click on the link below for complete information including the student device guidelines and agreement as well as purchase information.
Checkouts, Repairs, or Questions
- Acer laptops are checked out through the Library Media Center.
- Student is responsible for reporting problems with laptops to the Library Staff.
- Replacement machines will be available when a laptop needs service.
- Student is financially responsible for damage to laptop in accordance with the Student Device Agreement
Helpful Hints From the Tech Team
● Use Fn+F7 to disable the trackpad, then hit these keys again to re-enable it. This often stops a spastic trackpad. If the problem is persistent, the laptop will need to go to the Tech Team.
● Clean trackpad with a microfiber cloth to remove greasy fingerprints.
● Use Fn+ up and down arrow keys to increase and decrease volume.
● Use FN+F8 to mute/restore.
● You can also change the volume in the top right hand corner of the screen by clicking on the sound symbol and adjusting the sliding scale.
● Use FN+ left and right arrow keys to change brightness.
● RESET COMPUTER (see below). It should be using the LVUSD Devices network at school.
Machine not behaving properly (screen freezing, applications not loading, wireless won’t connect, and all of the above issues can be solved).
- Reset Laptop to factory settings (see below).
Reset machine as follows: How to use the quick recovery features
1. If the machine is already off, press the power button to turn it on. If it is running, press the power button and choose "Restart" from the menu that appears.
2. Immediately after you see the system's splash screen the screen will go black and you will see a 3 second countdown timer - press ESC during those 3 seconds to enter the boot menu. Be prepared- you will only have 3 seconds to press the ESC key. Alternately, you can just tap the escape rapidly as it is booting to get into the correct menu.
3. When the menu pops up, arrow down to "Restore Factory Settings"
4. After a few moments, you will see two options.
5. To preserve your files, choose Option 1. Type 1 ENTER.
6. To wipe all files, choose Option 2. Type 2 ENTER, yes ENTER to complete the restore process.
7. When it reboots, if it asks for a password, type password.