A.E. Wright Library Media Center
Our business is access to information and ideas. We welcome anyone who needs to do research, find a book to read, wants to play a board game or do a puzzle with friends, or just wants a quiet place to sit.
- Check Out a Good Book
- Take a WARP Test
- Ask Us for Help with Research
- Stop by for Printing and Copying
- Purchase School Supplies
- Come in for any Laptop Repairs
What you need to know if you want to check out books from the library:
- The loan period for a library book is 21 school days. If the book is not returned or renewed by the due date, the book will be considered overdue. Students with fines or overdue materials may not check out additional books until their record is cleared. All materials checked out under a student's name are his or her responsibility.
- The current A.E. Wright ID Card is required to check out materials, take WARP Quizzes, and use the Library at lunchtime.
- Students may check out three books at a time for a period of three weeks.
- Books may be renewed for an additional three weeks, if other students are not waiting for that book.
- Students may request that a hold be placed to reserve a title for check-out. Visit the circulation desk and place your request.
- Overdue book fines are 10¢ per school day per material. The maximum fine is the price of the book checked out. There is a $1 fee for green cards missing from the pocket.
- Students with overdue materials may not checkout new books, or take WARP Quizzes, until overdue items are returned and fines cleared.
- Circulating books (3 items)- 3 weeks
- Reference books (one at a time)- overnight, if they circulate, or by
individual arrangement with the library staff
- Magazines (current issues) - for use in library only with your I.D. Card
- Textbooks, Rulers, Calculators - per period with your I.D. Card
Rules and guidelines
- Students are expected to be courteous and respectful at all times.
- Backpacks should be left in the cubbies at the front door.
- Please pick up after yourself and push in your chair before you leave.
- Food and drink are permitted on the upper level. No food, drink on the lower level.