A.C. Stelle Library Media Center
Check out books
Take AR Quizzes
Print or copy papers
Laptop check-outs and repairs
Do research or find information
The Library Media Center is a place for quiet study or reading, doing research or checking out books. It is expected that you will respect the rights of other students in the Library Media Center. Uncooperative students will lose their library privileges.
- Students are expected to be courteous and respectful at all times.
- Backpacks may be placed under the table or on the floor against a table leg with shoulder straps faced in.
- Please push in your chair before you leave.
- NO food or drink, including water, is permitted.
- Computers in use must have their screens visible from the middle of the room - school related work only.
- Cell phones should be off and in the backpack.
Borrowing library materials:
- The current A.C. Stelle ID Card is required to check out materials. An ID is not needed to return or renew a book or to pay a fine.
- Students may check out three books at a time for a period of three weeks (21 days).
- Books may be renewed only once - renewals can be done online by logging into Follett Destiny using the LVUSD Google username and ID number.
- Students may request that a hold be placed on a checked-out title. Visit the circulation desk and place your request. You will be emailed and notified through your Language Arts class and the material will be held for one week at the circulation desk.
- Overdue book fines are 10¢ per school day per material. Students with overdue fines of $1.00 or more will not be allowed to check out new books until the fines are paid. Maximum fines per item are $10.00.
- Overdue notices are emailed home weekly.
- Students may keep track of their library records by logging into the Follett Destiny circulation software using their LVUSD Google username and ID number.
Borrowing class novels:
- English Language Arts teachers may require students to read novels during the year. These books are checked out through the library.
- The books are due back when the teacher is finished with the unit.
- Acer laptops are checked out through the library.
- Student is responsible for reporting problems with laptops to the library.
- Replacement machines will be available when laptop needs service.
- Student is financially responsible for damage to laptop in accordance with the Student Device Agreement