How to Contact Us

Find your County Specific Contact Information

Toll Free: 1 (800) 434-0222

Schedule a HICAP Medicare Counseling Appointment

Serving El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo & Yuba counties.

Call us to schedule a free, one-hour appointment with a local registered HICAP Medicare counselor. Please note that during this time of public health crisis, we are only offering phone appointments. Please stay tuned for potential video-conferencing appointments.

Please call the phone number for the HICAP office in your county below. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a courtesy reminder phone call the day before your appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment for any reason, please call back to let us know.

If you are interested in comparing Part D prescription drug plans only, consider requesting your plan comparison by mail.

What to Bring:

  • Your Medicare card.

  • Any other health insurance cards.

  • List of prescriptions you take.

  • Any Medicare related documents you have questions about.

Sacramento County: (916) 376-8915

HICAP Main office

505 12th Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

Tel: (916) 376-8915

Fax: (916) 376-8795


Email: (deaf/hard of hearing)

Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.

(closed 12:00 P.M. - 1:30 P.M.)

If you reach our voicemail, please leave only one message, and allow two (2) business days for us to return your call. (During Open Enrollment, please allow three (3) business days for us to return your call.)

To cancel an appointment, call our cancellation line at (916) 375-3763.

Counseling Sites:

  • ACC Senior Services

  • California Health Advocates

  • Citrus Heights Community Center

  • Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center - Cordova

  • Elk Grove Senior Center

  • Ethel McLeod Hart Senior Center

  • Folsom Senior Center

  • HICAP Main Office

  • Mission Oaks Senior Center

  • Social Security Admin. (8581 Folsom Blvd.)

  • Social Security Admin. (40 Massie Court)

  • Social Security Admin. (2424 Arden Way)

  • Stanford Settlement Center

  • Valley Hi - North Laguna Library

Call these sites directly for an appointment:

  • McClellan Park (Retired Military) : (916) 640-8446

El Dorado County

(530) 621-6169

  • El Dorado Hills Senior Center

  • Placerville Senior Center

  • South Lake Tahoe Senior Center

Nevada County

Tel: (530) 258-6827 or Email:

  • Nevada City Senior Apartments (Gold Country Community Services)

  • Peace Lutheran Church

  • Truckee appointments available by phone

Yuba & Sutter Counties

(530) 742-4474

  • Social Security Admin. (Yuba City Office)

  • Yuba City Senior Center

  • Ampla Health - Lindhurst Building

  • Ampla Health - Pediatric Building

  • Ampla Health - Richland Building

Placer County

Auburn/Rocklin: (530) 889-9500

  • Placer Independent Resource Services (PIRS)

  • Rocklin Event Center (Rocklin Parks & Rec.)

  • Social Security Admin. (Auburn Office)

Roseville & Lincoln: (916) 376-8915

  • Lincoln Library

  • Maidu Senior Center

  • Social Security Admin. (Roseville Office)

To cancel Roseville or Lincoln appointments, call our cancellation line at (916) 375-3763.

Yolo County

(916) 376-8915

  • Davis Senior Center

  • West Sacramento Community Center

  • Winters Service Center (Yolo County DESS)

  • Woodland Senior Center

To cancel an appointment, call our cancellation line at (916) 375-3763.

San Joaquin County

(209) 470-7812

  • Social Security Admin. (Lodi Office)

  • Social Security Admin. (Stockton Office)

  • Social Security Admin. (Manteca Office)

  • Garden Acres Community Center (Stockton)

  • Lolly Hansen Senior Center (Tracy)

Sierra County

(530) 993-4770

  • By appointment, as needed.

If you are dissatisfied with the services you receive from a HICAP counselor or staff member, please call (916) 376-8915 and request to file a complaint with the Program Manager. Additionally, you may file a written grievance with Legal Services of Northern California at 517 12th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. Grievance procedure and form available here: HICAP Grievance

HICAP counseling services are provided by Counselors registered by the California Department of Aging who are acting in good faith to provide information about health insurance polices and benefits. This information shall not be construed to be legal advice, and the volunteer HICAP Counselor is generally not liable for acts and omissions in providing counseling to recipients of this service. (W&I Code, Section 9541(f).) If you choose a plan and have difficulty with the enrollment process, the HICAP Counselor may assist you. However, you will be responsible for the actual plan contract. The HICAP Counselor will NOT choose your plan for you.