Placer 7th/8th Grade
- February 3- Penny Wars Begin
- February 3 - Future Freshman Night
- Saturday, February 8th - Placer Auction
- Friday, February 7th - 7th Grade Honor Roll
- Tuesday, February 11th - 8th Grade Honor Roll
- Thurs Feb 13th - Starstruck All School Dance Performance- Gym
- Friday, February 28th - Placer School Dance
- Friday, March 6th - 8th Grade Courthouse Fieldtrip
- Awards - Friday, May 29th, 12:40 in Placer's Gym
- Sunsplash - Monday, June 1st (Permission Slips due Tuesday, May 26) Check made out to LUSD for $37
- Graduation Practice @ Del Oro - 8 AM - Tuesday, June 2nd Parents need to Drop Off - Students need to wear 8th Grade T-Shirt
- BBQ - 12 PM - Tuesday, June 2nd - Placer Amphitheater
- Graduation - Tuesday, June 2nd @ 7 PM - Del Oro Stadium (Students need to arrive at 6:30)
- LUSD 8th Grade Promotion Site - https://sites.google.com/loomisusd.org/8thgradepromotion
- Breakfast - Wednesday, June 3rd - Cafeteria - 8:30-10:00
Seventh and eighth grade students will have the opportunity to attend evening dances. Teachers, administrators and parent volunteers will also be in attendance. Students must maintain good citizenship, academics (a minimum of a cumulative 2.0 GPA in core subjects) and attend school on the day of the dance, in order to attend. Students must have a current student ID and signed permission slip to be admitted into the dance.
Students from outside of our district are not permitted to attend school dances. It is not appropriate for students to attend dances as “couples” or with a “date.” Students should refrain from suggestive or inappropriate dancing while in attendance.
February 28th, 5-7pm @ Placer
April 17th, 5-7 pm @ Loomis
Cell phones and electronic devices must be kept in backpacks and are to be turned off upon arrival to school. Cell phones and electronic devices are not to be used during the school day, including recesses, lunch and passing periods. With teacher approval, students may use their personal devices in the classroom for specific teacher lead activities. Cell phones and electronic devices may be used after school once students are dismissed. Students who violate this policy will receive the following consequences:
First Offense: Cell phone and/or electronic devices will be confiscated and students will be permitted to retrieve them after school.
Second Offense: Cell phone and/or electronic devices will be confiscated and parent(s) will be permitted to retrieve them after school.
Third Offense: Cell phone and/or electronic devices will be required to be checked in at the office upon arrival and picked up at the end of the day. In some circumstances, students may be prohibited from bringing cell phones and/or electronic devices to school for an extended period of time.
Fourth Offense: Students will be suspended for a minimum of one (1) day and prohibited from bringing their cell phones and/or electronic devices to school for the remainder of the school year.
The major responsibility for dress and grooming is placed upon the student and the student’s parents/guardians. The following guidelines are intended to define appropriate student attire and personal grooming compatible with educational activities. The purpose is to prevent disruption of the classroom atmosphere, encourage appropriate dress for the school setting, eliminate disturbances among students in attendance, minimize student distraction so as not to interfere with the educational process, and to help protect the health, safety, and welfare of the individual student.
Please refer to the parent handbook for a detailed list. https://sites.google.com/loomisusd.org/placerhandbook/dress-code