Grow Through What You Go Through
Education: I am a graduate from Slippery Rock University with a BS in Health and Physical Education with a minor in Sports Management and Life Time Fitness. I received my Masters from Arcadia University in Elementary Education. Prior to teaching I had my own business while working as an assistant Parks and Recreation Director.
Family: I have been married to my husband John since 1992. John is a 5th grade teacher for the Philadelphia School District. I have two boys. Both boys attended Chestnut Hill Academy for their high school experience where they played lacrosse and football. Kyle is a graduate from Salisbury University and was lucky enough to be a two time National Champion in lacrosse. Nickolas is a graduate of Stevenson University.
Philosophy: Creating a safe and comfortable environment so all students can learn and feel valued. Instill in each learner that finding what they enjoy is most important and to learn more each day. Read, move and smile! Lastly, always help each other. It makes our community that much stronger.
- Co-Sponsor of the Freshman Class
- Wellness Committee Member
- No Place for Hate Committee Member
- Habits of Mind Committee Member
- Member Spotlight: PSAHPERD 2018
- PSAPHERD Board Member 2019-Current
- Professional Honor Award 2017
- HERitage award winner (Recognizes women in sport who have made a difference) 2014
- PSAHPERD Teacher of the Year 2011, Bicentenial Coach of the Year 2005
- Gwynedd Mercy Academy 2011-Current
- LM Field Hockey and Lacrosse 1997-2010