PALMVIEW HIGH SCHOOL
Engineering & Biology
Mr. Luis C. Bocanegra Director
Welcome to The T-STEM Academy of Palmview High School. It is a pleasure to serve as your Director and I look forward to a great academic school year. I am honored to work with such an amazing staff and excellent students. Our T-STEM Academy focuses on integrating project based learning, 21stCentury Skills, and real-world experiences.
T-STEM VISION STATEMENT
To challenge our students to think analytically as they form life-long scholarly skills that will empower them to graduate college ready, career ready, workforce ready, and propel them in becoming 21st Century Professionals.
T-STEM MISSION STATEMENT
T-STEM Academies at La Joya Independent School District will empower students to think critically, reflectively and apply their knowledge and skills to a greater context. T-STEM students will experience rigorous, relevant, and hands-on learning opportunities that will provide them with a unique education. Students will receive project-based instruction via a highly integrated curriculum. T-STEM students will develop relationships with the school community, higher education, technical, and business partners.
REQUIREMENTS FOR T-STEM ACADEMY
- Commit to complete the Academy Pathway requirements for graduation
- Maintain good academic standing and good behavior
- Complete a mandatory Capstone Project upon graduation
Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (T-STEM)
The Texas STEM initiative creates secondary schools that focus on improving instruction and academic performance in science and mathematics-related subjects and increasing the number of students who study and enter STEM careers. The driving force behind T-STEM is the fact that job opportunities in STEM fields are growing, yet many Texas students — especially low-income and minority students — are not provided the exposure to the subjects and experiences needed to succeed in these fields.
WHY JOIN T-STEM ACADEMY ?
- Instruction is focused around a career choice
- Small learning environment
- Hands-on experience
- Students meet with professionals in their career pathway
- Rigorous courses prepare students for work in their field of interest
- Graduate with college credits
- Learn with peers who have similar interests
T-STEM Designated Schools:
- Receive recogntion as an approved T-STEM Campus
- Are invited to participate in T-STEM convenings
- Receive membership in the T-STEM Newtwork
- Are eligible for flexible school day program
- Have access to resources (e.g., technical assistance, professional development, research-based best practices outlined in the Blueprint)
PALMVIEW HIGH SCHOOL THE ACADEMIES OF LJISD LA JOYA ISD
Click on an image for more information on Palmview High School, The Academies, or La Joya ISD