Societe Honoraire de Francais
Fill out the sheet below for the Halloween party!
Bienvenue a la Société Honoraire de Français!
L'homme qui sait deux langues en vaut deux!
The establishment of a chapter of the Société honoraire de français offers several potential benefits to a secondary French program. First, it provides an opportunity to recognize outstanding scholarship in the study of French language through selection for membership, the placement of a special seal on the graduate's diploma, the wearing of a white cord at graduation, and the right to wear the official emblem/pin of the honor society. Second, the chapter provides a vehicle for focusing activities around French language and literature and also for encouraging member participation in the annual writing contest as well as application for the annual travel grants. In addition, there is the opportunity for students to experience leadership in serving as officers, directing the initiation ceremony, and/or leading other chapter events.
Meetings once per month on Thursdays, during PIT - exception of the meeting on 10/26/2018
Yearly requirements - If you do not do the following, you are not authorized to wear the corde tri-colore at graduation:
- Students must remain in good standing, both academically and disciplinary. Any Honor Code violation will result in exit from the organization.
- Students must participate in at least two of the following each year:
-National French Contest (le Grand Concours)
-Middle School Night – Recruitment of 8th graders into French program
-Relay for Life (under SHF, not another group)
-2 hours of French-themed community service (Alliance Française / French Legation) etc.. approved
-Consistent attendance and participation in French Club / SHF Club meetings (at least 2/semester)
-Induction Ceremony (set-up, clean-up, cookies/punch, greeters, awarding of cords, speaking French)
Les officiers pour l'annee 2018-2019:
- Président: Isabella Verratti
- Vice Président: Lyndie Coffman questions or concerns? Text me at (512) 660- 3476
- Secretaire: Ashira Edelheit-Rice
- Trésorier: Christopher Elliot
- Parlementarian: Anesu Chifamba
What you have to know:
- Due to end-of-day PIT, we will now have club meetings on Thursdays unless stated otherwise.
- It's important for you to show up to our meetings in case there's something to vote on.
- However, only two meetings are required each semester. The more you come to, the more we'll appreciate you. :)
- You must participate in two French related activities a year as explained above!