NEw! Change That Sticks
Foundations of Biblical Counseling & Change
Includes "TRANSFORMED EMOTIONS" & "10 MARKS OF BIBLICAL COUNSELOR"
18 Topics - Onsite, Simulcast or On-demand
Certified by A.C.B.C. / I.A.B.C.
The New "Change that Sticks" (includes 10 Marks of Biblical Counselor and Transformed Emotions) is the essential core curriculum that has helped hundreds learn how to counsel and overcome biblically. You will also learn basic doctrines and methodologies in counseling others biblically. Come to our free kick off and see for yourself. Attend onsite, online or on-demand.
Sign up for any or all sessions that interest you.
PT 1 - CAN A PERSON REALLY CHANGE? IS THE BIBLE ENOUGH?
Tuesday, August 14, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Kick-Off session - NO COST For 15 years LCBCC has offered authentic, biblical, Christ-centered counsel that has resulted in hundreds of lives changed and families restored. This free kick-off session will expose you to the inside-story of what causes such remarkable changes. You will walk away with biblical concepts and tools that you can begin to immediately apply to your life and ministry.
PT 2 - 10 MARKS OF THE BIBLICAL COUNSELOR
Tuesday, August 21 through Sept 11, 630pm - 830pm
During this four-week study, LCBCC counselors share how they personally implement these essential ten marks in their lives and counseling. LCBCC counselors have the same Bible, but not the same giftedness. You will gain different ideas on application from differently gifted counselor walking away equipped and ready to go make disciples.
- WALKS IN INTEGRITY - Takes Heed to Self (Aug 21)
- INFORMED - Carefully Gathers Needed Data (Aug 21)
- INVOLVED - Befriends the Counselee Sincerely (Aug 21)
- INSPIRES - Gives Life-Changing Hope Biblically (Aug 28)
- INTERPRETS - Uncovers and Explains Heart Problems (Aug 28)
- INSTRUCTS - Guides the Conversation into Christ-centered Solutions (Sept 4)
- INTERCEDES - Saturates Counsel with Biblical Praying (Sept 4)
- IMPLEMENTS - Assigns Biblically Relevant Homework (i.e "Faith-work) (Sept 11)
- INDUCES - Coaches in Faith-motivated Commitment (Sept 11)
- INTEGRATES - Connects a Counselee with the Body of Christ (Sept 11)
Pt 3 - TRANSFORMED EMOTIONS
Tuesday, September 18 to October 16, 630pm-830pm
During this five-week course you will learn what do you do when you feel angry, depressed, anxious, guilty, or hurt. Don’t follow your feelings, lead them. Don’t ignore your feelings, transform them. You will be equipped in specific emotion-changing perspectives and strategies from God’s Word that have helped hundreds.
- Curing the Cause of Anger (Sept 18)
- Avoiding Despair in Difficult Times (Sept 25)
- Controlling Fear, Anxiety, and Worry (Oct 2)
- Clearing the Guilty Conscience (Oct 9)
- Overcoming Hurt (Oct 16)
TESTIMONIES & PRACTICUM - Tuesday, October 23 and 30, 630pm - 830pm
Dive deep in application as we take two weeks and interview counselees whose lives were transformed by applying the principles from the transformed emotions course.
6. Anger & Conflict Testimonies & Discussion (Oct 23)
7. Depression & Anxiety Testimonies & Discussion (Oct 30)
To attend any or all of the sessions whether onsite, simulcast, or at-your-own pace.
Includes outlines and assignments ready-to-use for counseling ministry or personal change.
- Track 1: Change That Sticks
- Track 2: Transformed by Truth
- Track 3: Marriage & Family Counseling
- Track 4: Contemporary Issues.
- ACBC Exam Class (i.e. Essentials of Biblical Counseling)
Each track includes 24 plus in-depth sessions covering a wide-range of topics essential to biblical discipleship, counseling & change. Each course provides students with a 200 plus page manual, complete with outlines, reading lists, resources and counseling assignments. This training is certified by the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and the International Association of Biblical Counselors and can be used to pursue certification with these organizations. Our training material is used for those seeking certification, as well as for those wanting to improve their ability to help others biblically or wanting biblical answers for their own problems.