EESA Mentoring Pilot Program
ABOUT MENTORING @ EESA
EESA recognizes the importance of professionally developing our Postdoctoral, Term and Career staff. To facilitate this goal, we are launching the EESA Mentoring Pilot Program for FY 2018. This pilot program will provide our staff with personalized and confidential mentoring from experienced colleagues (outside of the supervisor relationship) who can guide mentees on a number of topics and help advance their professional and personal growth.
- JOIN! Interested staff should enroll as a mentor or mentee (or both!) by Friday, November 3, 2017.
- PAIR UP! In November, mentors and mentees will be paired together by the Mentoring Committee based on best possible matches, as informed by the enrollment forms.
- CONNECT! Starting January 2018, mentor/mentee pairs will meet regularly over the course of 6-9 months to build and strengthen their relationships.
The focus of the EESA Mentoring Pilot Program includes, but is not limited to:
- Career Development: Training, skill development, pitching your research, writing proposals, leadership skills, developing scientific expertise, introductions to key contacts (DOE Program Leaders, Sr. Scientists, etc.), building collaborations.
- Job Search/Networking: Developing CVs, cover letters, research statements; conducting job searches (faculty search cycle), introductions/referrals to key contacts (Academia, Industry, LBNL, etc.)
- Interpersonal/Communication skills: Interacting with colleagues or collaborators, elevator speech, presentation skills, etc.
- Time Management: Project management, prioritizing, work-life balance.