Early Childhood Program
The preschool experience is critical, as it helps 3 and 4-year-old children develop the academic and life skills that will carry them into adulthood. Preschool provides children with essential opportunities to learn and practice the social-emotional, problem-solving, and academic skills that they will use throughout their lives.
Our high-quality Early Childhood Programs…
- Boost academic skills
- Enhance language development
- Fuel intellectual curiosity
- Foster independence
- Relationship-based approach to early learning
- High quality, research-based, early childhood education
- Supportive transition to kindergarten
- Serves children of all abilities
- Comprehensive supportive services for the whole family
- Instill a love of lifelong learning
- Offer full-day program and half-day programs
- Bilingual classroom
The State Board of Education believes that the educational development and success of all Illinois children can be significantly enhanced when children participate in early childhood programs and services. Lincoln School District 156 believes that preschool helps children develop the social, emotional and pre-academic skills needed to succeed in life and in future school endeavors. We provide developmentally appropriate experiences for preschool children and their families.