Character Education is a huge part of elementary education. We strive to make sure that each child is successful emotionally and socially, as well as academically. Throughout the year, each classroom holds "Grizzly Den Meetings". The teacher focuses on one Core Value/Character trait for the month, and each trait is broken down into specific areas.
For the months of August and September, we are focusing on Compassion.
Compassion is helping others in need. Below you will find songs, books and activities that focus on Compassion.
- "Random Act of Kindness"
- "We Are The World"
- "Count Me In"-K-1
- "Earth: We're In It Together"
- "Everyday People"
- "Heroes and Friends"
- "GLEE-Lean On Me"
- "Point of Light"
- "Power in Me"
- The Kindness Quilt Read Aloud of book by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
- Ordinary Mary's Extraordinary Deed Read Aloud of book
- Have You Filled A Bucket Today? Read Aloud of book
- Stand in My Shoes Read Aloud of book
- It's Mine! Read Aloud of book
- The Invisible Boy Read Aloud of book
- Kindness is Cooler, Mrs. Ruler Read Aloud of book
- Stellaluna Read Aloud of book
- More books on Compassion here
Thank you to various resources, such as YouTube, the Savvy School Counselor, GE, and letitripple.org