The 84th Texas Legislature passed House Bill 1842 in the spring of 2015, providing public school districts the opportunity to become a District of
By being a District of Innovation, Klein ISD can better ensure that our shared vision of every student entering our system with a promise and exiting with a purpose will become a reality for every student in our district. The purpose of the local innovation plan is to provide a framework that opens the door for increased flexibility in meeting the academic, social, and emotional needs of all Klein ISD students.
Klein ISD can now take advantange of the following exemptions:
- First Day of Instruction and Last Day of Instruction
- Teacher Certification and Field-Based Experience Required Exemption
- Kindergarten Start Age Exemption
- Minimum Minutes of Instruction Exemption
- Class Size and Notice of Class Size