8th Grade Village: Ms. Angela Garcia
7th Grade Village: Ms. Tinisha Prevost
6th Grade Village: Ms. Brandi Halverson
Registrar: Ms. Amy Northcutt
Ms. Mady Edgar & Ms. Sandra Garza
Progress Reports: September 10, 2018
New Student Breakfast: September 14, 2018
6th Grade Social: Popsicles in the Park - September 14, 2018
Gifted and Talented Referral Window
Begins August 27, 2018 and ends September 21, 2018
GT Summit: September 29th at the Klein Multi Purpose Center 9:00am-1:00pm
- Please visit Kleinisd.net and complete New Student Enrollment.-
- When online enrollment is complete, call the Registrar, Amy Northcutt, to schedule an appointment to enroll. She can be reached at (832)249-5687.
Bring the following information with you:
- Proof of residence: Current gas, water or light bill with your name and service address, closing settlement statement or lease agreement signed by the lessee and lessor with the student listed as an occupant.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card or Passport
- Immunization Records
- If during school year, please bring withdrawal paperwork from last school attended
- If during summer enrollment, please bring last year report card showing promotion status
- Standardized test scores
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s license
- If your child is serviced under any special program (i.e Special Ed., ESL, GT/Honors) please inform the registrar and bring documentation to your enrollment appointment.)
If you are moving out of the Doerre area, please notify the registrar, Amy Northcutt, at least 24 hours in advance. She can be reached at (832)249-5687.
To be promoted in grades 6 and 7, a student must attain an average of at least 70 in all core academic areas: language arts, (including Power Reading if required), mathematics (including Power Math if required), science and social studies.
In addition to the academic requirements stated above, all 8th graders must also pass their STAAR Reading and Math tests to be promoted to grade 9. This new initiative is called the Texas Student Success Initiative (SSI).
Credit by Exam
Klein ISD students may attempt to earn credit by exam, without prior classroom instruction, by earning an 80% or higher on that specific exam. There is a new procedure and timeline for students attempting to accelerate K-8 courses. To apply for acceleration of K-8 courses, please review the FAQ document for the new dates and have your child speak with their counselor regarding registration forms. Testing will be held at a central office location, which will be determined prior to the testing date.
To access the district CBE website, click HERE.
The Test Dates and Registration Deadlines for Intermediate CBE 2018-2019:
- October administration - deadline to register is September 13, 2018
- February administration - deadline to register is December 13, 2018
- Summer I: May/June administration - deadline to register is April 18, 2019
- Summer II: July/August administration - deadline to register is May 30, 2019
The Test dates and Registration Deadlines for High School CBE 2017-2018:
- September administration - deadline to register is August 29, 2018
- November administration - deadline to register is October 25, 2018
- February administration - deadline to register is January 24, 2019
- April administration - deadline to register is March 28, 2019