Welcome to the Doerre Intermediate School counseling webpage
In Klein ISD we have a shared vision that each student enters with a PROMISE and exits with a PURPOSE. In alignment with that vision, the counselors at Doerre Intermediate want to ensure that our students fulfill that purpose and are exposed to high quality leadership and learning on a daily basis.
The Doerre counseling staff is committed to advocating for our students and collaborating with teachers, parents, and the community in order for students to reach their highest possible academic, social, and career success. We are looking forward to a fantastic 2017-2018 school year!
ALL 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Course Selection Sheets were DUE Monday, January 29, 2018
ALL Office Aide Apps were DUE on Mon., Jan 29, 2018
Off Campus PE Form are DUE to your grade level counselor by Friday, May 18, 2018
Final Course Verification sheets are DUE Friday, May 25, 2018
LAST DAY FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS:
Thursday, June 7, 2018 @ 3:00PM
2018-2019 Course Selection Info:
- 5th to 6th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- 5th to 6th Grade Presentation for Parents
- 6th to 7th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- 6th to 7th Grade Course Selection Presentation
- 7th to 8th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- 7th to 8th Grade Course Selection Presentation
- KHS 8th to 9th Grade Course selection Sheet
- Klein Cain 8th to 9th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- 8th to 9th Grade Course Selection Presentation
- Please visit Kleinisd.net and complete New Student Enrollment.-
- When online enrollment is complete, call the Registrar, Amy Northcutt, to schedule an appointment to enroll. She can be reached at (832)249-5687.
Bring the following information with you:
- Proof of residence: Current gas, water or light bill with your name and service address, closing settlement statement or lease agreement signed by the lessee and lessor with the student listed as an occupant.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security card or Passport
- Immunization Records
- If during school year, please bring withdrawal paperwork from last school attended
- If during summer enrollment, please bring last year report card showing promotion status
- Standardized test scores
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s license
- If your child is serviced under any special program (i.e Special Ed., ESL, GT/Honors) please inform the registrar and bring documentation to your enrollment appointment.)
If you are moving out of the Doerre area, please notify the registrar, Amy Northcutt, at least 24 hours in advance. She can be reached at (832)249-5687.
To be promoted in grades 6 and 7, a student must attain an average of at least 70 in all core academic areas: language arts, (including Power Reading if required), mathematics (including Power Math if required), science and social studies.
In addition to the academic requirements stated above, all 8th graders must also pass their STAAR Reading and Math tests to be promoted to grade 9. This new initiative is called the Texas Student Success Initiative (SSI).
Credit by Exam
Klein ISD students may attempt to earn credit by exam, without prior classroom instruction, by earning an 80% or higher on that specific exam. There is a new procedure and timeline for students attempting to accelerate K-8 courses. To apply for acceleration of K-8 courses, please review the FAQ document for the new dates and have your child speak with their counselor regarding registration forms. Testing will be held at a central office location, which will be determined prior to the testing date.
To access the district CBE website, click HERE.
The Test Dates and Registration Deadlines for Intermediate CBE 2017-2018:
- October administration - deadline to register is September 14, 2017
- February administration - deadline to register is December 14, 2017
- May/June administration - deadline to register is April 19, 2018
- July/August administration - deadline to register is May 31, 2018
The Test dates and Registration Deadlines for High School CBE 2017-2018:
- September 27, 2017 - deadline to register is September 12, 2017
- November 29, 2017 - deadline to register is October 26, 2017
- February 21, 2018 - deadline to register is January 25, 2018
- April 25, 2018 - deadline to register is March 27, 2018