WELCOME TO THE
ALAMO HEIGHTS JUNIOR SCHOOL
If you cannot find what you need here when you scroll down this page or when you click tabs above for more pages; please feel free to email one of the AHJS Strings Teachers!
1. BRAVO, 6th (Murdock)
2. SINFONIA, 7th/8th (Murdock/Gil)
3. PHILHARMONIC, 7th/8th (Gil/Murdock)
4. CHAMBER, 7th/8th (Murdock, Gil Lunch)
5. ALLEGRO, 6th (Gil, Murdock Lunch)
8. CONCERT, 7th/8th (Gil)
9. CONCERTINO, 6th (Gil, Murdock)
- Friday, September 13, 2019. Orchestra Region Clinic and Pizza! RSVP on GC.
4:30-5:30, TEAM 6th Grade Clinic and 5:30-6:00 pizza in cafeteria
5:30-6:30, TEAM 7th Grade Clinic and 6:30-7:00 pizza in cafeteria
6:30-8:00, TEAM 8th Grade Clinic and 8:00-8:30 pizza in cafeteria.
You will be dismissed from the cafeteria at the times above.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019. PTO Teacher and Parent Block Party. See PTO Website for more information. Parents, would love to see you there! https://ahjhspto.membershiptoolkit.com/ptparty
- Tuesday, October 15. Region Mock Auditions. See AHJS Strings Calendar for details.
- Wednesday, October 16. $5 Region fees due (for those participating). See calendar and Google Classroom for details.
- Tuesday, October 22, 7:00 p. AHHS/8th Grade Strings Side-by-Side Concert. Date was changed from October 8 to October 22. Please make a note on your paper calendar.
- Monday, October 28, 2019, Time/Place TBD at AHJS TBD. Concert, Talent Showcase, Silent Auction, Bake Sale, and Spaghetti Supper! Costumes encouraged!
- Volunteers are needed for this and other fundraising events. See the link on our AHJS Strings Resources page (button that says, "Volunteer for Fundraising Events") to sign up as a LEAD volunteer or to ASSIST with an event. Thank you so much for your support!
See our Resources Page for more general program information.
Kathy Murdock and Lani Gil