WELCOME TO THE
ALAMO HEIGHTS JUNIOR SCHOOL
If you cannot find what you need here when you scroll down this page or when you click tabs above for more pages; please feel free to email one of the AHJS Strings Teachers!
1. BRAVO, 6th (Murdock)
2. SINFONIA, 7th/8th (Murdock/Gil)
3. PHILHARMONIC, 7th/8th (Gil/Murdock)
4. CHAMBER, 7th/8th (Murdock, Gil Lunch)
5. ALLEGRO, 6th (Gil, Murdock Lunch)
8. CONCERT, 7th/8th (Gil)
9. CONCERTINO, 6th (Gil, Murdock)
AHJS STRINGS NEWS, IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION, AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Dear Strings Families:
We started playing our instruments Wednesday!
Ms. Gil has been working diligently to get all of the requests for rental instruments met. Those that have not been assigned have been given a temporary solution for class. We hope to know by Friday who we might not be able to accommodate in a lease rental. If this affects your child, we will contact you individually regarding this. After Friday, students that have been assigned a school instrument may bring it home and need to begin purchasing their required supplies for their instrument.
Our Back-to-School AHJS Strings Spirit Gear Fundraiser is open and available now! If you would like to purchase something from the online fundraising link, that link is available and now ACTIVE on our Mule Market page and here: https://mycardinalssportcenter.itemorder.com (Sales Code THZBK).
Purchasing items from the online store link is a fun way to support AHJS Strings and furnish your school wardrobe! Please check it out! A portion of the proceeds from that will go directly to support our AHJS Strings Program activity account. Orders will be placed after September 6 and will be delivered to the school within 4 weeks. We have attached a paper flyer that you can check out!
Remember that fees for tees, activity and lease may be paid on Mule Market! by September 9.
Thank you so much for your support of the AHJS Strings Program!
BURGERFI STRINGS SOCIAL AND FUNDRAISER, Wednesday, September 11, 2019 (See calendar for details.)
- Tuesday, October 15. Region Mock Auditions. See AHJS Strings Calendar for details.
- Wednesday, October 16. $5 Region fees due (for those participating). See calendar and Google Classroom for details.
- Monday, October 28, 2019, Time/Place TBD at AHJS TBD. Concert, Talent Showcase, Silent Auction, Bake Sale, and Spaghetti Supper! Costumes encouraged!
- Volunteers are needed for this and other fundraising events. See the link on our AHJS Strings Resources page (button that says, "Volunteer for Fundraising Events") to sign up as a LEAD volunteer or to ASSIST with an event. Thank you so much for your support!
AHISD HS/8th Grade Side-by-Side Concert Date TBD. Once determined, we will send notice.