WRHS GT - Jeffco's Gifted and Talented Center Programming
Welcome to the Wheat Ridge High School Gifted and Talented Center Page!
We are a Gifted and Talented Center at the High School level, which is based on the Autonomous Learner Model. We work to improve our students' skills in autonomy, self-advocation skills, their passions, and social-emotional support. We are based at a school that has a full class load of AP and Honors options. Our center is designed to support students in these classes, or whichever types of classes they choose to be a part of; whether they're taking a full advanced class load, or need support in their day-to-day life, our students span many portions of what a high schooler can be.
If you are interested in applying to the center:
The directions for application can be found here
Contact Connie Brown at email@example.com
if you have any other questions about the application process.
Important Dates and Upcoming Events:
- Throughout the Year: Fundraising Dates!
- This year, we have our fundraising dates throughout the year, in order to raise money for next year's Retreat. Instead of trying to fundraise a couple months before the retreat happens, we will now have the whole school year! Please be on the lookout for more fundraisers to be added as the year progresses.
- Friday, September 27th, 2019 - Sunday, September 29th 2019 = Annual GT Fall Retreat!
- Our retreat this year will be MUCH earlier, falling on the last weekend of September. This will be a weekend up at YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, filled with fun activities, bonfires, and student-created competitions. Our theme this year is ESCAPE ROOM! More details will be given at Back to School Night, as well as during class.
- Thursday, November 14th, 2019, from 7:00 - 7:45 = WRHS GT Showcase Night
- We will be having our annual showcase night on Thursday, November 14th, 2019 this year. The school will have many programs around the school set up to show what they do, as well as answer questions. GT will be in the library, showing some of our students' projects, as well as showing a short presentation and Ms. Lee and Mr. Holm will be answering questions afterwards. Hope to see you there!
GT Classroom Teacher
Freshmen and Sophomores
GT Classroom Teacher
Juniors and Seniors
GT Resource Teacher