HEI Project DAY 1
Day 1 - Finding Research Quality Sources | Video Lesson if you missed it
Use These Research-Quality Sources
- Opposing Viewpoints Database (keyword searching)
- Masterfile Premiere - database of current magazines & newspapers
- Science in Context
(If using a database, the citation is provided for you...just copy/paste it.)
If ABSENT - Video Lesson on Finding Research-Quality Sources & Using our Research Databases.
HEI PROJECT DAY 2 - Creating Public Service Announcements with Adobe Spark
Example of PSA with Good Integration of Facts & Visuals Plus Call to Action
- Poor choice of pictures & music
- No narration. The word balloons just don't cut it.
- Doesn't work thematically. Fires aren't a big problem in the winter & using Santa and cartoon critters minimized the seriousness of the topic.
- This is what happens when you don't have a plan/script. While these students collected powerful visuals, they did not connect them logically or even explain why most were used. Little evidence, no organization...not an effective message.
VIDEO CREATION RESOURCES
- Sad/Reflective/Contemplative Royalty-Free Songs
- Mrs. Jonson's example script
- Mrs. Jonson's example eWaste Spark PSA
- Download YT from School | Savefromnet
- How to Use Adobe Spark to make a PSA
If you're printing at school, do this:
- File > Print
- Change to LMC BizHUB Color printer
- Click "Print using system dialog"
- Click Preferences button
- On Quality tab, confirm that Auto Color is selected in the top menu
- On the Layout tab
- Change Print Type drop-down to 2-Sided
- Change Binding Position drop-down menu to Top Bind.
- Culture Grams - START HERE. Find information about the cultures and peoples of the world. Includes maps, images, statistics, flags and more.
- This database will do your MLA citation for you! Look at the bottom of each page on the website or check with Mrs. Jonson if you need help.
- CIA World Factbook - Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- MLA Citation Example - “The World Factbook: ALGERIA.” Central Intelligence Agency, Central Intelligence Agency, 23 Jan. 2018, www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ag.html.