HEI Project DAY 1
Day 1 - Finding Research Quality Sources | Video Lesson
Use These Research-Quality Sources
- Opposing Viewpoints Database (keyword searching)
- Masterfile Premiere - database of current magazines & newspapers
- Science in Context
(If using a database, the citation is provided for you...just copy/paste it.)
Day 1 Video Lesson - How to Find Reputable, Research-Quality Information for Your Project
HEI PROJECT DAY 2 - Creating Infomercials with Adobe Spark
Day 2 Resources
How to Use Adobe Spark to make a PSA (This year, you will be making an infomercial instead of a PSA. PSAs tend to only promote one side of an issue, so make sure to include a balanced look at your topic).
Example of Video Infomercials That Present Multiple Sides of An Issue
- Pros and Cons of Zoos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHBuAOp5upU
- Free College Tuition- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMEzK5p8QoA
- Self-Driving Cars- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9gb2elXvo
VIDEO CREATION RESOURCES
- How to Download a YT from School (steps)
- Savefromnet (Website to use, but be careful! Watch the steps video first)
- Sad/Reflective/Contemplative Royalty-Free Songs
- Mrs. Jonson's example script
- Mrs. Jonson's example eWaste Spark PSA
If you're printing at school, do this:
- File > Print
- Change to LMC BizHUB Color printer
- Click "Print using system dialog"
- Click Preferences button
- On Quality tab, confirm that Auto Color is selected in the top menu
- On the Layout tab
- Change Print Type drop-down to 2-Sided
- Change Binding Position drop-down menu to Top Bind.
- Culture Grams - START HERE. Find information about the cultures and peoples of the world. Includes maps, images, statistics, flags and more.
- This database will do your MLA citation for you! Look at the bottom of each page on the website or check with Mrs. Jonson if you need help.
- CIA World Factbook - Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- MLA Citation Example - “The World Factbook: ALGERIA.” Central Intelligence Agency, Central Intelligence Agency, 23 Jan. 2018, www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ag.html.