After School (Club & After Care) Policies & Procedures
Trimester Club Policies and Procedures
- Please note that all families must pre-pay for all clubs in order to participate in the program. An approximately eleven calendar week course will cost about $200 although some will have additional supply fees, and some programs from the outside such as Mad Science will charge a different rate. New this year - payment in full is due within 48 hours of registering online or the spot will go to the next child on the waitlist. If a child does not register and pay before the course begins, they will not be eligible to participate.
- HCS doesn’t offer refunds to anyone withdrawing after the first day of the program, or make-up sessions for missed classes. If the participant has a medical condition and can no longer attend the program, cancellation will be handled on an individual basis depending on the physician’s recommendations and medical documentation. We know that this is a substantial amount of money to pay upfront, especially if your child participates daily, so if you would like, you can submit two checks divided equally with registration. We will hold the second check for thirty days before depositing it. A $35 bounced check fees will be charged for all checks returned by a financial institution. Repayment shall be required to be made by money order or cashier’s check.
- Students who qualify and are verified by the U.S. Department of Agriculture or through the Direct Certification process as having free or reduced lunch status will be able to apply for a scholarship to participate at no charge during the 2019-2020 school year. Please e-mail Gigi Girgis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply for the scholarship.
- Most trimester clubs will run from 3:00-4:30 pm Mondays through Fridays, according to the 2019-2020 academic calendar. At 3:00 pm, students will head to their appropriate club. Children should be picked up at 4:30 pm, unless they are participating in after care. Instructors will bring the students to the multi-purpose room to meet their caretaker. Students who are not picked up at 4:30 pm will proceed to after care and an additional $15.00 will be expected at pickup time. Because it will take some time to determine which clubs will be offered which days, they will not begin until the third week of school, the week of September 16. Registration will occur the first and second week of school. Drop-In, however, will be available from 3:00 pm-6:00 pm during the first two weeks of school. Students can register for Drop-In by emailing Gigi Girgis (email@example.com) that morning. Payment is due at pick up or the next morning.
Drop-In Aftercare Program Policies and Procedures
- Drop-In will be available from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm daily with the exception of the half days before breaks and December 19 and June 11. These dates are marked on the calendar in yellow and green. The rate for Drop-In is $15 per hour and families must pay for partial hours (e.g. if a student is in aftercare from 3:00-4:15, it would be $30/child). If a child enrolls in an enrichment class and proceeds to drop-in, the family will be responsible for the cost of the enrichment class plus the time spent in Drop-In. Drop-in will be structured time starting with eating a snack the student brings from home, completing school work and then ultimately participating in structured cooperative play (i.e., puzzles, arts and crafts, etc.) before clean-up and dismissal at 6:00 pm sharp. No electronics will be allowed in the after school program.
- Families can send payment in check for the amount of time they estimate using the program. The number of hours used will be deducted on an ongoing basis, and until the last day of school. Families can also pay at pick-up or the next morning. A cash receipt will be issued for payment made in cash. The rate for Drop-In is $15 per hour and families must pay for partial hours (e.g. if a student is in aftercare from 3:00-4:15, it would be $30/child).
- Students with delinquent payment for Drop-In will not be eligible to use the service again until payment is made prior to future participation. Timely payment of the correct fees is the sole responsibility of the parent, regardless of whether or not a collection attempt was made by the school.
Movie Day Policies and Procedures
- Movie Day is back! On the monthly Thursday 1:00 days (with the exception of June 11), students can participate in Movie Day. Students can participate by completing the Drop-In form in advance. The rate is: $5 per half hour or $20 for the full movie from 1:00-3:00.
Daily Pick Up
- We will not tolerate late pick-ups. The first time you are late for pick-up, you will be charged a $25.00 late fee plus the cost of $15 per hour. The second time a child is picked up late, they will not be able to continue participating in the program.
- For the safety of your children, he/she will only be released to the parents or designated pickup person. Should another adult be picking up your child, please send written notification and be advised that they may be asked for photo identification. Once a child is released to his/her parent or designated pickup person, the child’s care and safety are the responsibility of the parent or designated adult.
- Payment should be made via check or money order written out to Hoboken Charter School with a memo of Drop-In or After School Enrichment Clubs. Please retain all cash receipts and canceled checks for your records. Our Tax ID number is 22-3517040.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Gigi Girgis can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (201) 963-0222 ext. 212.