We Are a RAINBOW of Possibilities!
It is very important that your child gets plenty of sleep and that they eat a balanced diet. These two things are essential for a successful learner. Make sure your child wakes with plenty of time to welcome the day. When you are rushing to get ready and out the door, it can create stress for both you and your child. A good morning routine can really set the tone for your child's day. While we will be learning about the ABCs and 123s as well as a lot of other fun things, we are still working on basic social skills, self-care, and fine/gross motor skills. Please read the information below on what your child needs when he/she comes to preschool and how you can best help your child succeed.
Please send in all supplies, paperwork, and activity fees on the first day of school. Thank you!
What you will need for the Pre-K 4 2023-2024 school year:
1) Our usual in-class supplies: 2 rolls of paper towels, 1 pack of baby wipes, 1 container of Lysol/Clorox Wipes (whatever you can get your hands on and send in is appreciated!).
2) A school bag big enough for a regular-size folder (the little preschool size is not large enough).
3) Lunch box: Please send a washcloth to be used as a placemat. Include a snack and 2 drinks. Should you choose to send your child with water, please only send small bottles or a thermos.
4) Change of clothes: Please be sure to send a season-appropriate shirt, bottoms, 2 pairs of underwear, and a pair of socks. Pack the clothes in a gallon Ziploc bag and be sure to label them with your child's name. Make sure it is weather appropriate, so start with lighter clothes. When school uniforms transition to winter, that would be a good time to send in warmer clothes.
5) Art and Computer class: Please send in a headphone set for your child (NO EARBUDS PLEASE!). Be sure to put it in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child's name. These will be kept in the classroom for the duration of the school year. For art class, your child will need a smock or a larger t-shirt. We will travel the halls with our smock on, so dad's old undershirt may be a tad too long and create a tripping hazard.
6) Any additional items will be outlined at our Pre-K 4 orientation, which is held the week before school starts.