Home Accessibility & Enabling Technology Pilot Project
This pilot project is managed by the Statewide Independent Living Council of Alaska (SILC) and funded by the Alaska Mental Health Trust and the Mat-Su Health Foundations.
The Project aims to find out how home accessibility modifications and enabling technologies may impact participants’ lives by:
- Increasing independence and self-esteem
- Improving satisfaction and quality of life
- Becoming more active and integrated in the community
- Improving health and/or safety
- Helping to achieve personal goals
There are four categories that a participant may access during the Pilot. An individual may choose from any of the following categories, depending upon his/her own goals.
1. Home Accessibility
2. Assistive Technology
3. Home Telehealth Monitoring
4. Medication Management